twenty

Interactions with Lily had been scares since she found out about Silas and Sarah's...relationship? Relationship. Sarah tried not to let it effect her to much but she had grown quite fond of Lily and considered her a friend. Since she moved and left all her friends behind she felt a little lonely at times when she wasn't with Silas.

It was around 6pm, the hallways were empty and the slight sound of music could be heard coming from the painting studio, other than that there wasn't a sound in the large building. The university, annoyingly, had requested paperwork about the curriculum she had chosen to teach the art students.

The woman sat at her desk considering her options, she could go home, but she probably would just end up not doing the paperwork. As far as she knew, Silas was probably painting. It was exhibition week for the painting students, which meant they would be putting up their work for grading and critique in a few days.

The blonde bit her lip, she decided to grab her laptop and slowly walk up the stairs, the music grew louder as she got to the door. She knocked and a student she recognized from her class, Dylan? Dorian? Whatever his name was opened it, Sarah could tell he was trying to hide a frown.

"Professor, come on in."

He closed the door behind her and walked back over to his station. Sarah smiled nervously at Lily who smiled back and lowered the volume of the music.

"Mind if I join you guys? The building is empty and it's pretty creepy."

"Of course, if you don't mind the craze of exhibition week."

Sarah laughed, "I could do with the entertainment."

She sat down beside Lily's desk and placed the laptop down eying Silas, who seemed so lost in her painting she had yet to realize Sarah was there.

Her face had smudges of orange paint causing her eyes to look a shade of brighter green. Her hair was in a bun and Sarah could spot some paint in it too.

"Pizza's here!" Dylan called through a yawn as him and another guy ran down the stairs.

Lily walked over to another student, pointing something out on her painting, the guys came running up the stairs again and dropped the boxes on a table with a thump. Dylan balled up a napkin and tossed it to Silas, she finally looked up throwing up her middle finger at him.

She caught Sarah's eye and raised her eyebrows with a smile, Sarah grinned back.

"Okay everybody eat something okay?" Lily called out, she pointed at Sarah, "you too, Professor."

The student Lily was speaking to before took a bite of pizza and started laughing slightly, after a moment she was in tears. Silas walked over to comfort her while Dylas stood from his position.

"That's one for Melissa." He announced loudly and made a mark next to her name on the whiteboard. It was only then that Sarah noticed everyone's names were written on the whiteboard with tallying next to them and about stood "MELTDOWNS"

Sarah turned concerned to Lily, "are they okay?"

"Well, they have to have 6 paintings done by friday as well as an essay for their theory class and your essay by Monday."

Sarah bit her lip. she felt bad, "that explains why they all look like they wanted to yell at me."

A filler/thing that actually happens to us art students at least 5 times a year lmao