forty one

Steam fogged up the glass door of the shower as Sarah ran her fingers through Silas' hair, as the last the shampoo rinsed off.

Silas hummed at the feeling.

There was a soft thud against the tiled wall, "ow, fuck my elbow!" Sarah groaned.

She leaned her head against Silas' shoulder, "I hate your shower, it's so small!"

Silas twisted around, snaking her arms around Sarah to pull her close.

"But look how close it makes us," the artist smiled, leaning in give her a quick kiss .

Sarah was about to respond when the bathroom door opened, Thomas stepping in casually.

The blondes eyes widened as she tired hiding behind Silas, almost slipping in the process. Silas quickly grabbed her to stabilize her with an easy smile on her lips.

Sarah was suddenly grateful that Silas enjoyed showers that felt like she was practicing for hell, because the steam narrowly distorted Thomas's view of them.

"Silas, can I borrow your denim jacket?"

"Sure, it's in my closet."

He left and Sarah frowned once more, "I'm officially never coming here again."

The younger woman chuckled, "well you still have Evelyn at your place so I'm not going there. Ready?"

Sarah nodded. Silas turned off the shower and stepped out, handing Sarah a towel.

"At least Evelyn doesn't walk in on us showering," Sarah told her as she dried off.

Silas nodded, "but I haven't slept with Thomas."

"You got me there," Sarah put her hands up, "I've totally slept with Thomas," she joked.

"Ha. Ha. You know what I mean."

"Hmm, I know, you mean you're jealous of my ex."

Silas opened the door, "thin ice Paulson, thin ice!" She called over her shoulder.

___

Silas sat with her friends on the lawn in front of the art department, basking in the warmth of the sun. Their group of 5 quickly expanded to a group of 6 when the called over a lost looking first year.

He was quiet, almost too afraid to say anything to the older students.

Sarah walked by, the heels of her boots clicking on the pavement. All of them turned towards her.

She wore a pair of high waisted slacks with a loose shirt tucking into them that was just bearing buttoned up.

She flashed the group a smile and a wave as she passed them. They all greeted eagerly.

The first year's eyes were glued to her, "she so sexy," he mumbled.

Silas frowned. Before she could stop herself she said, "hey watch it!"

When she felt everyone's eyes on her she cleared her throat, "well, he shouldn't objectify women."

The first year quickly mumbled an apology.

A ceramics student, Hazel, shoved Silas playfully, "you call Professor Paulson hot like 4 times a week!"

"I'm allowed to!"

"Oh yeah? What makes Silas Forster sooo special?" Hazel laughed.

Silas bit back the words that were about to slip out of her mouth and instead shrugged, "I do it respectfully."