hopelessly devoted to you • jpj

sad fluff w/ smutty undertones - level 3

hopelessly devoted to you • john paul jones

• Part One •

• play music above for better experience •

I'm not the first to know there's

Just no getting over you

You know I'm just a fool who's willing

To sit around and wait for you

But baby can't you see there's nothing else
for me to do

I'm hopelessly devoted to you

"Hmm," you frowned, the sound that bellowed from the wooden instrument in your hands sounding nothing like the sweet noises you heard Jonesy produce so many times before. "That doesn't sound right . . . "

You felt his warm body slide behind you, taking the bass from your hands and placing it in his lap. "Well it's not a guitar, you don't strum it." he corrected, placing his thumb on the pickups and thumping the strings correctly. He scooted closer to you, pulling you in-between his legs and handing you back the bass. "Try it now."

As you fumbled with the instrument, his hands roamed across your body, sliding up and down your bare thighs and under the thin cotton of your t-shirt. "You never did tell me where you're from." you felt him whisper in your ear, his throaty octave sending a chill up your legs.

"The West, back in the States."

A smile crept upon his thin lips, riddling your mind on what amused him. "I knew you had a funny accent."

"I do not!"

He smiled softly, taking the bass from your hands and pulling you into him. "Almost cowboy-ish, you ever seen the Beverly Hillbillies when you were younger, that's what you remind me of."

You feigned offense, slapping his chest lightly. "Did you just tell me I sound like a hillbilly?!"

A curse slipped from his lips and he gripped you tighter. "My beautiful hillbilly . . . ?" 

"Amazing save."

"Are you feelin' alright?" You snapped your head up at the noise, the curly ginger in front of you stared with a concerned frown. "You're still on the pill aren't you?"

"What? Yes, of course I am."

After you grew tired of messing around on his bass, you abandoned John at the hotel, opting for the tiny diner across the street. Across from you sat a friend you met on tour, while she ranted about the night she spent with the leadsinger of the supporting band, you stared out of the dirty window,  down deep in the rabbit-hole of your own thoughts.

"Honey," She grabbed your hand under the table, pulling you once again out of your trance. "You've barely touched your eggs, your colors' all gone . . . What's going on hun?"

When you insisted on ignore her inquiries, she probed further. "Is it that John boy, has he hurt you?"

That did it, although you knew her intentions were innocent, you couldn't help but to feel automatically defensive - to hear the man you thought so highly of be degraded made you feel sick. "No! He has never and would never! You know that!"

She looked at you strangley, her large eyes burrowing into your skull. "No wonder . . ." A tsk left her lips making you squirm in your seat. "You're in love with the boy."

"I am not! I enjoy his company but that's as far as it goes." You told her half-truthfully.

"How did I not see it earlier," She ignored your denial, for she wasn't a fool.

You knew she was right, you knew when you first laid eyes on him that you would eventually fall under his spell but your naivety kept you from keeping your space. Now, you committed the cardinal sin of the road, you fell in love. And it was going to hurt like hell.

"I'm scared," you admitted, letting down your guard. "I'm never happy when he's not here."

"Oh honey," She soothed, slipping into your side of the table and pulling you into a sororal embrace. "You have to talk to him."

You pulled away abruptly, a stream of tears already pooling in your waterline. "I can't! God, he'd think I'm some immature fan! I could never . . . "

"So what are you going to do huh? Run away and leave the poor boy without an explanation."

That was exactly what you planned to do.

Shout out to the lovely venus-miel for inspiration for this chapter !! I really love this concept and I adore John Paul Jones, so why not combine them? This is only the first part of the series so don't run just yet :) also I'm terribly sorry for ...

Shout out to the lovely venus-miel for inspiration for this chapter !! I really love this concept and I adore John Paul Jones, so why not combine them? This is only the first part of the series so don't run just yet :) also I'm terribly sorry for my near month long hiatus, if it means anything I feel alot healthier and writing feels more like a hobby than a job now, thank you infinitely for sticking around for so long and supporting me, it means everything 💕