coup de foudre • jpj

fluff : level 1

coup de foudre: jimmy page +

john paul jones

1/3 •

"Goodmorning love."

"Jonesy. The sun hasn't even rose yet. Why are you calling at 2am." I yawned into the phone, falling back into my blankets.

"Sorry dear, it's 7am here." Damn him for moving to London! John and I met in the summer of 66', while he was traveling to America. We hit it off instantly, and he ended up staying with me in my flat until the spring 67', before moving back to the UK to start a band; Which would eventually grow to be the Yardbirds, and even later, the adored Led Zeppelin.

This year marked just over 6 years since we've last seen eachother in person. We've wrote letters and talked on the phone almost everyday, no matter how busy either of us got. It still wasn't enough for John, so he suggested he fly me out to the UK.

"S'alright. What's the matter?"

"Just wanted to make sure you were ready for your flight." It was scheduled a week from today, which utterly confused me on why he would ask about something quite far away.

"My flight that's a week away...that's totally not strange at all."

"...Carmen...it's in an hour." He said over the phone, his voice laced in amusement.

"...Jonesy. Please tell me you're kidding." Hurriedly, I shot up from my bed and raced over to my calendar. His silence confirmed my doubts and I mentally cursed myself out for being so stupid. Great, someone goes out of their way to see me and I sleep through my goddamn alarm! "Fuck! I'll be ready in ten." I said as I rushed to pack the clothes on my floor into my suitcase.

"The airports' an hour away from your flat Carmen..."

"If I run really fast, I'll be ready in 5."

"Let's be reasonable. I can always fly you out on the Starship." He said calmly, contrasting my panicked state. That was the original plan to get me to the UK, to fly me on the Led Zeppelin jet. I decided against it since it would probably cost them a load of money and inconvenience them but Jonesy reassured me that they had enough money to blow on whatever and he didn't mind spending it on me. In the end I settled on a regular flight, which I was bound to miss now.

"Yeah cause that's totally reasonable."

"So is waking up on time for your flight." I could practically see the smug smile on his face, and it pissed me off even more that I didn't have a come back. One Jonesy, Zero Carmen.

"You know wh-"

"Get dressed love. The jet will be there in a few hours."

-

"Ma'am. The jet has landed."

I awoke to a middle-aged woman lightly shaking me. I hated airplanes because of how extremely uncomfortable they were, but the Starship was the only exception. It looked and felt as if it was designed to be as little as an airplane as possible, and they definitely succeeded.

I stumbled out of the incredibly comfortable bed and made my way to my luggage, before being beat to it by a young girl in pegged jeans. She looked no older than 19, only a few years younger than I was. "I got it miss." She said hauling the bag over her shoulder and leading me off the jet. "You must be Carmen, I've heard alot about you." She said turning to face me, in a thick English accent. She had thick blonde curls that reached just above her breasts, and she looked awfully familiar.