49

LAUREN

I use my shoulder to hold the phone to my ear, checking to make sure my pistol is loaded. Kehlani laughs in my ear at a corny joke she just made, I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"Bro you're corny."

"Shut up stupid. Check this one."

"I'm listening."

"Did you hear about the two peanuts through town?"

"Nah wassup?"

"One was a salted, get it?"

"Get off my line."

"Yo chillll!"

I laugh and try to come up with one. While I'm thinking I add a few more bullets in the chamber just in case.

"Why were the people trying to get the dead man to change his mind?"

"Tell me Casper."

"Because he was dead wrong."

She stays silent on the other end while I laugh it up. That was a classic.

"Why so silent Ashley?"

"Don't you got a hit to do?" 

"Oh it's like THAT."

I laugh and cock the pistol, taking my phone back in my hand.

"Ima hit you when I'm done Keh."

"Aight ima go get some food."

I hang up the call and take my seatbelt off, taking a second look at the house. I see a light turn on and I take this as a green light.

I get out the car and walk up to the house, I pull out my pocket knife and pick the lock. I get it unlocked in seconds and walk in, making my way to the room that's lit.

I find the room and stand by the doorway, waiting for the person to notice me.

I knock on the wall, "knock knock."

The woman turns around and before she can reach for her gun, I raise mine and shoot her twice in the head. I go over to check her pulse, after not finding one I head back to my car and send Luke a quick text. I pull off and call Kehlani back via Bluetooth.

"What's poppin Ren!"

"Shit you tell me, what's the moves chica?

"At the Chinese spot on Tremont."

"Be there in 10."

"You want something?"

"Uhh..."

I jump on the parkway to make it a lil quicker and think about what I wanna eat.

"Lemme get uhh sesame chicken veggie rice combo."

"Gotchu."

She orders the door and asks if we staying or going, I tell her we could stay. I get off at the exit and cross over the expressway.

"Aight Keh I'm pulling up in 2."

"Aight."

I hang up the call and park the car shortly after. I grab my phone and walk into the store, slapping the back of Kehlani's neck.

"Wassup fool!" I grin.

She sucks her teeth and shoves me back. I take a piece of chicken from my container and go to get a drink. I grab a grape soda and place the dollar on the counter, showing the cashier the can. She nods and I go back to the booth.

I ruffle Lani's hair while laughing, "Don't push me hoe."

"Don't slap my shit nigga," She says back.

I just smirk at her and she cuts her eyes at me before going into a laughing fit.

"Suck my dick," She laughs.

I bat my eyes, "Only if you suck mine first."

She kicks me under the table and I scoop some more food before kicking her back."

I raise my brow, "This what we doing?"

"Yes," She says and kicks the side of my calf.

I scuff her sneaks on purpose and she gasps, mouth full of shrimp and pork fried rice.

I reach over to grab one of her shrimp, "Cover your mouth whore."

"Bitch—"

My phone vibrates and I laugh while checking it. I pick up Normani's call, tryna sneak one more shrimp.

"Hey baby."

Keh slaps my hand away and pulls her container closer to her, stingy.

"Heyy, you still coming later?"

"Yeah, I'm with Lani. I'll be there in like 2 hours."

"Omg tell her I said hi."

"Mani said hey," I say to her.

She grins, "Tell my baby I said wassup."

"Choke," I say in response.

Normani laughs on the other end and playfully roll my eyes at the two of them.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'll see you soon."

"Wow at the way you're rushing me off the phone. Bye meanie." 

"Bye babe."

I hang up and watch Keh take one of my sesame chickens then smile at me.

"What?" I ask.

She asks, "How much longer till the baby?"

"2 weeks," I smile.

She clasps her hands, "Another Taurus in this world."

"Yeeaahhh," I say slowly.

She shakes her head, "Uh, uh. You water signs are wild."

"Lie again bitch," I say.

She laughs, "I tell all truths luv, get with the program."

"Mhmm," I hum.

"Mani's birthday is 3 weeks after, it's gonna be a busy May," I add.

She nods, "Whatever you come up with let me help. I got the mind baby."

"I gotchu," I laugh.