42

"Sorry, I ain't sorry

"Sorry, I ain't sorry." ~Beyonce, Sorry

*short chapter indeed*

NORMANI

It's been a couple days since I keyed Lauren's car and etc. I'm not sorry and it felt good as fuck. Every time I think we can finally move forward, some shit throws it off.

This whole marriage shoulda been completely over when I was for real, for real calling it off after the kids birthday party. But I didn't and now it's even more back and forth between us. I'm sitting up here six months pregnant in a failing marriage, yay me.

I'm with Justine in her living room telling her everything cause she didn't believe it when Quincy told her. Lauren's supposed to come get all of the kids, so me being here worked out well.

"Yo, you really fucked up the Royce?" Justine asks.

"I give your baby moms a inch and she think it's all good," I say with a raised brow.

"Man listen, y'all something."

"I mind my business and a new reason for me not to trust her appears," I say.

"Okay yes, the odds somehow keep finding its way to Lauren. I do think she is serious about wanting y'all relationship to work," She says.

"Even with her little mistress everywhere?" I sarcastically laugh.

Justine laughs and nods, "Yes, she just keeps getting in the way. I'm sure Lo's heart is in the right place, just bad timing."

I slowly nod my head, listening to what she's saying. She's making points and I am starting to feel bad now, when she gets here I should apologize.

We hear the door open and Justine calls out Lauren's name to make sure it's her.

"Yup," She responds.

Lauren comes into the living room and sticks her hands into the pockets of her sweats.

"I'm keeping them for the week."

I scrunch my face, "No you're not."

She chuckles, "Yeah, I am."

"I already have plans with the twins on Wednesday."

She rolls her eyes, "Well that's too damn bad."

I cross my arms, "Really Lauren?"

She nods, "Besides, it gives you more time to fuck up my other cars. Shit, sell me out to the cops?"

"I'm just gonna...yeah," Justine says while leaving the room.

"Me slashing your tires and keying your car...is equivalent to me ratting you out?" I ask.

"You might as well," She shrugs.

"You think I would do that?"

She keeps the same blank face while looking at me and I glare at her. I grab my phone and stand up, fuck this.

"I'm glad I fucked up your car, I don't regret a damn thing. Fuck you again," I say.

"Fuck you too," She says.

I roll my eyes at her and walk to the back to the kids. I give them a smile and help pack toys they wanna take.

**

"I want all the smoke!"

I pace the floor of the bedroom as Choie stands by me, nodding.

"I want all the smoke Choie! She gon fix her mouth to say that I would rat her out?" I yell.

"I say we pull up," She says while folding her hands.

"Damn near a decade of this relationship, that shouldn't have even been a thought. Fuck my plans with the twins and my cousin and fuck me? Fuck outta here," I say.

I suck my teeth and Choie waves her hand.

"Man, fuck her. If she wanna show her ass then let her and just wrap this divorce up," She says.

"Yeah, that's easy to say."

"Mani, I know. Try to go back to that same mindset when you were pushing for it."

I sigh and sit down on the bed, in all honesty the aftermath is more tiring than the actual cheating scandal.