20

*filler*

LAUREN

"What was that you said the other day? Ain't gonna happen again, huh?" Natalie asks.

I remain silent and look around for my shirt, I spot it and when I reach in for it here she come stopping me.

"Cat got your tongue?"

I move her hand away from me and grab my shirt and slides. I slip on the slides and put my shirt on as I walk out the house. I scroll through my contacts and call Kehlani.

"Yo, wassup Lo."

"Come pick me up on 133rd."

"Where you at?"

"East."

"See you in fifteen."

I go into the store across the street to kill time, I get a bunch of chips and drinks for us. Soon as I walk out I see her whipping around the corner. She wasn't going that fast so I calmly walk in front of the car, making her slam on the breaks. She clutches her chest while glaring at me and I simply just laugh. I get in the passenger seat and toss her a bag of chips.

"Yo, fuck you!" She says.

I nudge her head and continue laughing, "Yeah, yeah."

She asks, "What you doing over here?"

"Nothing."

She cuts her eyes at me, "Without your car? Just casually over here?"

I shrug, "What's it to you?"

"Oh, I can't be concerned now?" She asks.

"You're digging too deep. I don't need you and Normani on my ass," I say.

"Whatever," She says while rolling her eyes.

**

I lay my head on Normani's lap and watch Aaliyah and Eli play fight. As long as no real hits being thrown I'm cool.

"Lo, you should dye your hair."

I look at her with my brow raised, "Dye my hair?"

She nods, "Mhmm."

"What color?" I ask.

"Hmm, I don't know. Like a light brown, but keep your roots dark," She says.

"Maybe, I'll think about that."

I look at the time on my phone and ask her, "What time you going in tonight?"

"Around 9," She says.

"Okay."

"Oh, you wanna be mother of the year tonight?" She asks.

"You still on that?" I ask.

"Sure am," She nods.

I sit up and hum, "Okay."

I turn to the kids, "Y'all go in one of y'all rooms."

They start whining, "Whyyy?"

"Just go."

They leave out the room and I turn my attention to Normani. I peck her lips and lightly push her on her back, removing her jeans.

"We should move past that, I love you."

She wraps her arms around my neck, "I love you too."

I kiss her again and work my way down to her neck and cleavage.

She smirks, "Are you trying to get in these jeans miss?"

"Call me Ginuwine out this bitch."