3

NORMANI

I wake up to Elijah sitting on my stomach and poking my face, whispering 'Mommy' every few seconds. I grab one of his hands and place a kiss to his little palm.

"Eli," I whisper.

He giggles and squishes my cheek, "Wake up."

I reach over for my phone and check the time, 7:20. I hold onto him and get out the bed, "Let's get ready for school."

I balance him on my hip and wet our toothbrushes, giving him his brush as I apply the toothpaste.

I place the brush in my mouth and look at him through the mirror, "Show mommy how you brush your teeth."

He cheeses and starts brushing, "Like this!"

"Good baby."

A few minutes later he's all freshened up and sitting on the counter. He swings his feet and puckers his lips.

"Kissy mommy!"

I peck his lips then his forehead, scooping him back into my arms, "Let's go wake up mamá and MaiMai."

We go into Amaiyah's room and I sit next to her, gently caressing her face, "Come on pumpkin, wake up."

She squirms around and pulls the covers over her head. Elijah jumps on the bed and starts shaking her, "Ma'ah it's time for schoo'!"

She groans loudly and swats her hand around, I settle on just picking her up and let her lay her head on my shoulder.

We go into Lauren and I's bedroom and Elijah hops on the bed, he sits on her chest and pulls her eyelids back.

"Mamá!"

I straddle her and place my free hand under her shirt, on her stomach. She mumbles something and scrunches her face, Elijah tries waking her again but she doesn't budge. I look down at my shoulder to make sure Amaiyah is still sleep and smirk, slowly grinding onto Lauren. She squirms around and lets out little moans, I apply more pressure and trace over her stomach.

"Wake up babe," I softly say.

She flutters her eyes open and the pleasant expression on her face quickly changes to one of horror as her eyes focus on Eli who was hovering over her face.

I laugh and lightly scratch at her sides, "Relax, it was me."

She breathes out in relief and allows Eli to kiss her cheek, "Hi bookie."

"Mawin' mamá," He smiles.

He climbs off her and starts bouncing on the bed while turning on the TV, Lauren sits up and leans her forehead on mine.

"Why would you do that?" She chuckles.

I shrug and peck her lips, "You wouldn't wake up."

She shakes her head with a grin and gives me a long kiss.

"Cooties!" Elijah laughs while pointing at us.

"You wouldn't be here without these cooties!" Lauren says back.

He scrunches his face up and goes back to the cartoon. Lauren mocks him and rubs Amaiyah's back slowly.