41

*you already know 🌚*

LAUREN

I'm convinced Normani doesn't know what she want, one minute she's telling me to get the fuck out and ignoring my calls then the next she's asking me to spend the night. I'm not gonna say no to her though.

Plus I prefer to sleep here every night again, but that's gonna take some time.

I rub her feet and ankles while she leans back against the headboard.

"So names?" I ask.

"What you got in mind?" She asks.

I take a minute to really think of some.

"Kayla?"

She shakes her head and sighs while looking up. After some time she raises her brow and taps on her thigh.

"Alina?"

"Love the artist, but no," I say.

She nods and we think some more for a few minutes.

"Raelynn?"

"I like it," She agrees while nodding.

"Middle name Andrea," I say.

"Andrea, huh?" She asks.

"I said what I said."

"My mom's gonna love that," She laughs.

"I know," I nod with a smile.

I clear my throat awkwardly and she looks at me with a raised brow.

"Before Christmas you told me we could try to fix our relationship. We were starting to get a good friendship going again. How come that's different now?" I ask.

She sighs and leans her head back, "On Christmas I told you I love you because like I said, all these years isn't just gonna go away like that. Plus, I thought we were going in a good direction."

I nod my head and wait for her to continue.

"I did tell you we could try to fix it because it looked like it could possibly be fixed. Key word looked. I told you for me to even consider it you was gonna have to show me. Building up to Christmas the energy was there and soon as I kiss you, you get too comfortable."

"You fucked your own bag ma. You just talking, ain't show me anything since Christmas. So you wanna catch an attitude then I will gladly kick you out," She finishes.

Okay that makes sense, maybe I was lacking.

"I didn't realize, I'm sorry," I say.

"Stop apologizing, those are words."

"Right," I nod.

**

I pull up to the trap house and get out to meet Luke in front. He grins and daps ms up.