Spectre!

Purgatory

Barry sat in the graveyard on a bench. Across from him sat Jim Corrigan. Barry had a scruffy beard, his suit was dirtier and he was wearing a red cloak with the hood down. His eyes glowed green and he saw a vision of him fighting The Reverse Flash in the stadium where he first confronted him, he then saw his first and last fight with Zoom, then Savitar, The Thinker, Cicada and Bloodwork. His eyes turned back to their normal green colour. Jim Corrigan asked "what did you see". Barry replied "I saw everything.... Why did you make me watch my past fights". Jim Corrigan said "every punch you have ever blown, every kick you have landed, every lightning bolt you have ever thrown had been to prepare you for this fight". Barry stood up and walked with Corrigan. Barry asked "what am I fighting". Corrigan replied "not what..... Who". Barry replied "the Anti Monitor" . Corrigan nodded and said "he is currently at the dawn of time, ensuring that his destruction of worlds is permanent, you must gather the others and prepare to fight him". Barry nodded.

The Vanishing Point

Kara said "maybe the speedforce is the only way out......" Kara was interrupted by a familiar voice saying "it is". Everyone turned around and went wide eyed. Kara was the first to speak as she teared up. She asked "Barry". Before them stood Barry in his dirtied Flash suit, his beard and the red cloak over his head. He smiled at them. Oliver, Kara and Nora took a few steps forwards while everyone else remained frozen in shock. Barry said "not quite, I am Barry Allen, but I am also something more, some may call it a ghost, a Spectre that is in tune with the multiverse" . Dr Choi asked "so there is still a multiverse out there". Barry said "no, it's gone". Oliver said "that's why I can't get into the speedforce isn't it, it's probably because there is no multiverse left". Barry nodded and said "currently the Anti Monitor is at the Dawn of time, ensuring that his destruction of worlds is permanent". Kate said "so we go there and end him". Barry smiled and said "if only it were that simple Kate, several millennia ago, in a planet named Maltus, The Monitor attempted to travel to the birth of the universe, but instead he opened a breach to the Anti Matter universe". Lex asked "so the Monitor gave us the Anti Matter universe". Barry said "correct, so while some of us go to the Dawn of time, some of you must go to Maltus, the nine of us might not be enough". Lex smiled and said "I'm in". Dr Choi said "a chance to go to an alien planet, I'm so in". Barry smiled and said "I know what you are thinking Kara, but you need to be at the Dawn of time, we need you there". Kara smiled and said "ok Barry". J'onn said "I'll go, I can keep an eye on him". Barry nodded and said "if you need a hand, we will be there". Nora asked "you said you were in touch with the multiverse". Barry nodded. Oliver asked "that includes the speedforce too doesn't it". Barry said "what you are asking of me is very dangerous Oliver". Oliver said "you gave me your speed for a reason Barry". Barry smiled and said "I didn't give you my speed, I still have mine, I did however give you a connection to the speedforce". Oliver said "so you will be able to take us through the speedforce" .  Barry smiled and said "I can but it has to be you Oliver". Barry took a step forwards and gripped Oliver's hand. A spark of lighting entered Oliver's hand. Barry let go and said "I unlocked your full potential Oliver, use it with caution, Do you trust me". Kara stepped forwards and said " are you Barry Allen". Barry nodded and smiled.  Kara said "well like I told you when we were up against the dominators, I will always trust you". Barry smiled. Oliver said "and I will always trust you too Barry". Barry nodded. Oliver said "we'll give you two a moment alone, then we will get on with it". Barry nodded.

The others left the room. Kara immediately hugged Barry tightly and said "I've really missed you.... I um like the beard". Barry chuckled and said "I've missed you too Kara" . He hugged back. Kara said "so this is why you had to stay in Purgatory, it was to become more badass than you already are". Barry chuckled and said "yeah, we're gonna win this Kara". Kara smiled and said "I know, because we have you". Barry smiled and said "you could do it without me Kara, you are strong enough and smart enough, I have never doubted you". Kara replied "that's because of you Barry, if you hadn't accidentally ended up on my earth, I would still be cocky, and rush head first into danger without thinking". Barry smiled and said "that wasn't an accident Kara, the speedforce sent me there because we were both going through things that we could help each other with, you with the red kryptonite, me with the fact that Zoom was pretending to be a friend and betraying me". Kara smiled more and asked "really".  Barry nodded and said "yeah" . They pulled away from the hug. Barry said "come on, let's go save the multiverse" . Kara asked "can we Do something else first.... something that we should have done a long time ago".  Barry asked "what may that be". Kara smiled and said "this". She leaned up and connected her lips with Barry's, she wrapped her arms around his neck as she kissed him. Barry hesitated for a moment but then kissed back as he held onto her waist.

Barry and Kara pulled away from the kiss after a couple of minutes for air. Barry and Kara had massive smiles on their faces. Kara said "wow". Barry chuckled and said "wow, that was...." . Kara finished "magical, I felt the sparks Barry, I felt them". Barry smiled and said "me too Kara" . Kara smiled from ear to ear as a tear fell from her eye. Barry wiped it away and said "let's get the others" .  Kara nodded and said "follow me Mr Allen" . Barry smiled more and said "lead the way Ms Danvers". The two walked to gather the others to prepare for the fight ahead of them.