Not-So-Happy Birthday

Start from the beginning

"Taylor." Michael sympathetically said, his blue, gray eyes glistening. He reached out to me. I snarled and moved away. Hurt crossed her features and Jason took him in his arms to comfort his mate.

"Taylor," the redhead warned, eyes wary.

Ashamed, I muttered a quick apology before disappearing upstairs in my room. I sunk to the floor next to my bed, running a hand through my hair. Taking the rubber band off, the black strands fell down in waves and I curled into a ball. Without me realizing it, I was crying. I lifted a hand to feel a wet substance running down my face.

"What the...?" I stood up and went to the bathroom mirror. Sure enough, tracks of my tears were there and my eyes were already red.

What's wrong with me? I wondered. It was like I couldn't stop thinking about him, didn't want to stop thinking about him.

I ran back into the room and searched for my phone. Digging through my drawers, clothes, and other unnameable objects, I finally found it under my bed. I scrolled through my contacts list until I found his name. I pressed call and waited. After seven rings, it went to voicemail.

"Hey," just hearing his voice calmed me down. "this is Grayson. Obviously, I'm not at the phone right now so leave a message or wait." The phone beeped and suddenly, I couldn't find my voice. I turned it off and sagged against the side of my bed.

I missed him.

There.

I miss Grayson Collins.

I miss his stupid, blonde hair. His stupid, brilliant, blue eyes. I miss his deep, husky voice. I miss when he would call me "baby" even though I hated the nickname. I miss his breathtaking smile. I miss his soft, hypnotic lips. I miss his addicting laugh. I miss his protective nature. I miss his unique, manly scent. I miss how he used to show his affection for me at the most random times. I miss his odd possessiveness. I miss his tall, muscular physique. I miss him.

An idea formed in my mind and I rose back up and left the room. I bit my lip, walking down the hallway until I reached his room. Swiveling my head, I looked to see if anyone was around. The coast was clear. I turned the knob and went in.

As soon as I entered, his wonderful, cologne-scent hit me and I inhaled it like a crazed woman. I gently shut the door and walked deeper into his room. Everything in it reminded me of him. I strolled to his bed, running my fingers on the soft comforter. Unable to help myself any longer, I climbed in. His scent enveloped me and I closed my eyes, imagining he was right next to me. That the heat from the comforter was him. That instead of blankets wrapped around me, it was his arms.

~

Grayson's POV

I crossed over the entrance of the house with Taylor's birthday present in hand. I knew leaving her so abruptly was a mistake. It was just...I was so nervous about telling her that I chickened out and left.

"Grayson!" Archer giggled, leaping into my arms. I spun, getting hold of him. Gently putting him down, I smiled at his chocolate-covered face.

"Hey, buddy. How are you?" Archer burped in response and I chuckled, ruffling his hair.

"I ate cake. Taylor's cake." Archer suddenly became abashed. "I got really hungry. The cake told me to eat it. You believe me right, Gray?" Confused, I just nodded.

"Archer Flynn Stone!" Jason's voice boomed through the house. "Did you eat the cake?" Archer squeal and ran off. Now I get it. Jason stormed into the room, a murderous expression on his normally cheerful face. It morphed into happiness when he noticed me.

"Collins!" He ran over to me and hugged me. I turned red and pushed him away, punching him. Michael came into the room when he heard my Jason say my name.

"You're back," Michael stated the obvious. I nodded. "Good, Taylor's been moping around ever since you left. Go fix her."

My wolf perked up at the mention of our mate. She's sad?

Because of me? I was ecstatic. I mean. No. I felt bad. (But a little happy that she missed me.)

"She in her room," Jason said, his eyes sparkling for some reason.

Weird.

I shrugged it off and raced upstairs.

I knocked on her door, opening it. "Taylor?" I softly called. Stepping in, I frowned. She wasn't here. I searched around the room longer, but I couldn't find her.

Where is she? My wolf became dispirited. He had been like that ever since the separation from Taylor. I trudged back to my room.

I thought she missed me. I sat on the edge of my bed and took a deep breath. My eyes widened. I sniffed the air again. My scent was mixed with something else...something familiar. I stood up and turned around. I couldn't believe I didn't see it before. The huge lump in the middle of my bed.

I walked around the edge and lightly pulled down the covers. My heart was pounding and I smiled brightly when I saw a sleeping Taylor clutching one of my pillows in a tight embrace.

I didn't know how much I missed her, how much I needed her until I finally saw her. For once, her long, inky hair was let down and it framed her gorgeous, tan face. Her long, dark eyelashes brushed against the pillow and her body was buried deep within the covers. My smile grew even bigger when I noticed her taking deep breaths when inhaling. She did miss me.

Overwhelmed with joy, I scooped Taylor into my arms and kissed her forehead before burying my face into her neck, placing a kiss on her collarbone too. Her addicting, sweet scent was like my drug and I had gone too long without it.

"What's going on?" She drowsily murmured. One of her hands poked my face and her eyes flew open. I grinned down at her. I couldn't help but be a bit smug.

"Miss me, sweetheart?" I smirked, tightening my hold on her. Her lustrous, silver eyes were wide and she didn't say anything for the longest time. Concerned, I cupped her face. "Are you alright?"

Her eyes darkened into a stormy gray. "You're my mate."

~Author's Note~

Yeah. I'm leaving it on that. Hey! At least you got an early update!

Check out my new werewolf story, "Alpha Turned Rogue". If you guys like D.A., then you might like it. OH, AND CHECK OUT MY COUSIN'S BOOK (SHE FINALLY WROTE A BOOK!) "In My Mind"! It's...er, interesting. Those who enjoy dirty, crude humor will ADORE her book! @ThatPersonInYourRoom!!!

Song to the side is a song sung by COLTON HAYNES!!!!!!!!!!! "You Raise Me Up" IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!! There shouldn't be any explaining in how this relates to this book. I LOVE YOU, COLTON HAYNES!! YOU'RE SO PERFECT TUT.

COMMENT AND VOTE!!! I LOVE KNOWING WHAT YOU THINK!!! IF I GET A LOT OF BOTH, I'LL UPDATE THIS SATURDAY!! Heh? Heh? Yeah. I will.

Dedicated to @theladyandthetramp because I love her profile picture, username, and all her AWESOME comments! Thank you!

Love,

4everAloneAnAwkward