Chapter 14: Republic City

Republic city was the benchmark city. Everyone who wanted to be someone, or was someone lived there. It was the home of the stars.

The buildings were 10 times taller than our houses were. The roads were wider, stronger and less dusty. Cars of many shapes and sizes and brands drove by to the speed of the wind.

I've never really dreamt of this place like most people, Jin for example. It was all just another world to me. A world I would probably die without seeing.

I was seeing it alright. And Jin's fingers were sinking so deep into my forearms, I was gonna push him over.

"Republic city!!! " Chiyo screams.

"Woah" Nico gasped quietly.

Dumpling-uh she was sniffing some dudes butt.

Wait where was Sei?

This place (train station) looked nothing closed to spirit-overrun. It was far from what I imagined the state to be. You know what I expected, half burning buildings, covered with soot and dirt, people running wild, spirits shooting magical fairy dust at—

"Avatar, you made it, its a pleasure to meet you! " A man in gold coloured clothing exclaimed, arms out and welcoming. We stood with our bags in a straight row, staring at the shinny man.

"Hi, do you know where mako is? " I asked.

"Mako! " His face twisted in bewilderment, "who's that!? "

"Oh sorry! I thought you were here to pick us up" I scratch my head in shame.

"No! You are correct! " He grinned."I was sent by the president, who was adviced by the police Chief to pick you up! "

I nod silently but suspiciously.

"Shall we go?!" His gloved hands out and curled before him. Why is the presidents butler so shiny? Goodness me.

We followed him quietly out the underground train station. The outside world was through several arched openings with people filing in and out. What was beyond those doors would leave me disappointed.

"What the heck, what is this dump? " Jin groans pegging his nose together with his fingers.

"It-it smells like dumplings vomit after she ate that rotten fish" I cringed.

"Gross, I did not sign up for this" Nico muttered to herself.

"I don't smell anything" Chiyo said oblivious to our agony.

First of all the place smelled. The people weren't as shiny as the butler here, the buildings were old looking. There was trash every where, and the cars were just as run down.

Except the big shiny black car in front of us.

"This is republic city? " I asked the shiny grinning butler.

"The bad part" He said still grinning like a creep. Yeesh. "Come along, children" He opened the door for us, and everyone except me and dumpling gets in.

"What about dumpling? " I frown.

"No problem, our men will take good care of it, while you are away" He looked like those dolls, made to smile forever.

"No, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to leave her here" Just then she licks my face.

"If you wish avatar. Please follow behind on your uhh- pet"

"Is that ok? " My eyes widened.

"Yes this is a government owned vehicle, people know when to make way"