Arc 1.13

(A/N: I can't draw QAQ)

His chest hurt.

His head was throbbing.

There was a bloody body in front of him.

No... Familiar corpses were scattered all around him.

It was a living hell.

Why...

Why had this happened?

Everything was going well... right?

Where did he go wrong?

His whole entire body was in immense pain, but he couldn't stop.

He still had to save them.

- - - - -

"Are you sure this is the right way, FengFeng?"

"Don't worry Hua-er! I'm a hundred percent sure."

"But it feels ten times more dangerous here than the place where I battled those demonic wolves!"

"Senior Sister Shi, I believe in Senior Brother Liu's abilities, so I'm sure we'll be fine."

"Alright then! Oh, and no need to refer to me as Senior Sister, just call me Sister Shi and you can call FengFeng Brother Liu, okay?"

"Okay, Sister-in-law", he whispered.

"Hmm? Did you say something?"

"No, Sister Shi"

"Hua-er, XiSheng, there's someone ahead. Make sure to be on guard."

"Mmm"  "Okay!"

The three of them slowly advanced forwards, expecting to face off with another pack of demonic beasts, but all they saw was a woman in a red dress instead.

Having spent most of his time on Earth, there was no way that Zero hadn't heard of one or two horror tales in his life. In fact, during the time when he worked in a haunted house, he'd always been bombarded with scary myths and legends by his co-workers.

 Despite all that, his seniors had always liked to repeat one sentence over and over again in every story they told: If you see a suspicious person dressed in red, run without hesitation and don't look back.

The woman slowly opened her mouth and said in a hoarse voice, "Am I beautiful?"

???

A split mouthed woman rip-off?

"Beautiful, beautiful!", Shi Lanhua answered without hesitation. Her teacher had told her some ghost stories a few years back, so when she saw this woman in the red dress, her survival instincts told her to just comply with the other party, no matter what they say. 

"Do you want to look like me?"

"Yes, yes! Wait what--"

Before Shi Lanhua could fully register what the hell was going on, she saw the woman slowly making her way over.

[Dangerous creature detected! An error occurred and the plot had been affected. Due to the unexpected change of events, there has been a last minute adjustment to host's main mission.

Main Mission:
- Protect this realm from the enemy

Side Missions, Liu Feng's Wishes:
- Find out about Liu Feng's greatest secret, the one that he never knew about when he was alive
- Protect Liu Feng's Older Sister from Harm]

'What? Such a thing can happen?'

[I don't know! This has never occurred in the history of task takers before! Hey, at least you found the villain you wanted..?]