Arc 1.8

"Wait! If any one of us somehow manage to pass the trials you established, can we request something of you?", asked Zero out of the blue.

"Hmm? Yes, of course! Those who pass automatically become my subordinates, and I will always treat them with the utmost care, therefore they can request anything from me as long as it isn't too outrageous. By the way, just because I cannot leave this place, doesn't mean my underlings can't either. Although I say 'subordinates' I really only mean those whom I'll summon in times of need, so you can just wander around and go anywhere you want for the time being."

"Alright", nodded Zero as determination flashed through his eyes. He was going to cure his sister no matter what. Screw the life and death trials! As long as there's an opportunity to save her, he wouldn't hesitate to grab it.

"FengFe--- Junior Brother Liu, don't you dare go too far!", grumbled Shi LanHua as she gave him that 'I know what you're up to' look.

"I promise that I won't, and I'm sorry..." that this is the one thing I cannot do...

"Hmph! You'd better remember that promise!", pouted Shi LanHua.

Zero's heart softened at the sight of his beloved sister being so childish again. In this world, as long as his sister was by his side, he could endure anything, even death itself. Death... Ah, he was probably going to die soon, wasn't he? According to the script, he only had 6 and a half years to live. While that may seem like a lot, it truly wasn't enough...

At the thought of this, his heart hurt like hell. He didn't want to leave. His sister would be sad if he died, right? Even though Chu Qiu and Nie Yuan were a little annoying with their "lord this, lord that" everyday, they were still his precious friends. What would happen to those companions he made in town? 

'No... I don't want to leave..!'

[Host, you have to follow the script, or your soul will get obliterated. So if you leave or don't leave, there's basically no difference. This is why I told you not to get too attached to a world, or else host wouldn't want to leave anymore. As your system, it is my job to ensure that complete your mission.]

'Complete my ass! Would there still be any point in living if I can't do so in happiness?'

[... I'm sorry host. This system really doesn't want to do this either, but your life is mine. As soon as you die, I, who am bound to you, will also have to self destruct.]

'W-What? You didn't tell me that!'

[I didn't want host's mentality to be affected by such trivial matters... BooHoo... This little one doesn't want this either! But what can I do? If only we could make use of the plot holes, if any...]

'Plot holes? Does that mean I can like... Find myself a replacement?'

[Hmm? Theoretically, yes. I mean, as long as we manage to get the end result, which is having Nan XiSheng dominate this world, then everything's good. But how can things be that easy? For every story, we need a villain, or at least a problem to solve! Plus, things have already gotten to this point and the protagonist hates you a lot because you nearly killed him... Huh? Why is his hate bar still so low?]

'Okokok, I don't need to know any of that crap. I just want to know, is it possible to transfer the role of [Villain] onto another character?'

[Yes?]

'Is that so~ Hehehe'

[H-Host... you're kind of scaring me... Please don't laugh... it's really scary]

'... Shut up'

[T^T]

"Alright everyone! The first trial is a test of your mental strength. The trial of inner demons is one that many fail at because they are unable to deal with their greatest fears. Many people may think that they are able to deal with anything in this world because they are strong, but sometimes, the scariest things in life aren't those that we see as a threat, it's those that we cannot see.