Connection

Dylan's POV

I woke up forgetting where I was. I turned to my phone and saw a missed FaceTime call from August.
Shit, I hope he isn't mad or worried.

I opened up our thread and sent him "Sorry bae, I fell asleep as soon as I got in the house 😩" then placed my phone on the night stand. I walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower and hoped in.

With my hair wrapped in a towel as well as my body, I looked for something to wear. I don't really plan on doing anything today so I threw on some blue jeans, a white True Religion shirt with the black horseshoe on the front and my Concord 11s. I decided today that I would straighten my hair so I got out the blow drier and began the process.

I walked down the stairs to watch some T.V. and of course, Chris was sitting there.

"Hey there. You look different" he said staring at me.
"Yeah, I straightened my hair" I said sitting on the couch opposite from him.
"Looks nice" he said, turning the channel
"Thanks."
"What do you wanna watch?" he asked.
"Let me see the remote."
He threw the remote at me and i cached it. I pressed the Netflix button and typed in American Horror Story.
"You ever seen this?" I asked.
"Nope, is it good?"
"Hell yeah.. I mean heck yeah, sorry" I said
"It's okay. You're a big girl" he said, laughing.
"I'll start it from the first episode"
"Fine with me"

Me and Chris watched 4 episodes of the show until my stomach started growling.
"You hungry?" he said with a smile.
"Yeah, kinda"
"Doesn't sound like kinda to me. Come on. Let's go get something to eat"

We both get up and walk out the door.
"We can ride in Sophia, today" I said with a smirk.
"Alright, let's do that" he said, smiling. I unlocked the door and Chris hoped in the passenger seat. I slid in and started the car.

Once we arrived at chick fil a, Chris said that he would rather eat inside. He placed our order while I went and found a seat. I looked at him at the register. He had on a blue t-shirt, black jeans, and some True Blue 4s. I noticed both of his arms were filled with tattoos, along with his neck. He looked so sexy. I try to push the sexual thoughts I was having to the back of my head.

Chris walks up with our tray, places it on the table and takes a seat in front of me. I grab my chicken nuggets out of the box and dip it into the Polynesian sauce.

"So, where do you work?" I asked him.
"I'm a producer, for Def Jam"
"You work at Def Jam? My dad use to work there" I said.
"Yeah, I know. I wasn't working there while he did though, I was still in school" he said smiling.
"Me too" I laughed.
"You think it's weird I'm so young huh?"
"I did at first, but now I'm getting used to it"
"I'm not that much older than you, ya know? Only 8 years."
"You know the exact number?" I asked, taking a sip of my drink.
"I may have counted" he said looking at me.
I looked up at him and got serious.
"Are you attracted to me?" I blurted out.
He remained silent
"I'm sorry. That was a stupid question, wow" I said, feeling embarrassed. Why did I just ask this man this.
"It's not a stupid question, actually. Surprisingly, I am attracted to you Dylan. I try to hide my feelings for you, but sometimes I can't. You're just so damn beautiful. It's so wrong, but it feels so right" he says.
I look down, not knowing what to say. I guess he senses that so he goes on.
"Now, I do love your mother. And I want to marry her, but I'm also very attracted to you" he said looking down at the table. I stayed quiet for a while but I was able to get something out.
"I'm attracted to you, too" I said while taking a bite out of my fry.

Chris POV
Did she really just say this? This is going to mess up everything. How can me and my fiancée's daughter have a crush on each other. I look up and see Dylan staring at me. Her skin is so perfect and I'm still amazed by those big blue eyes. With her hair straightened, she looks much older.
"We have to push our feelings to the side though, Dylan." I say to her
"I know. That's what I've been doing. I want you to be with my mom, and I don't want to ruin anything" she said. The fact that she's so mature about the situation makes me even more attracted to her, damn.
"Just try to look at me as your step dad and not just some young nigga that's staying at your house and I'm sure your feelings will go away"
"How do you know that doesn't just turn me on?" she said with a smirk.
Ah fuck.
"I'm kidding" she said eventually, I guess she noticed my expression. I'm glad she has jokes though. I laughed.
"You ready to get out of here?" I asked her.
"Yeah, let's go" she said raising from her seat.

We pulled into the driveway and Vanessa's silver Lexus was sitting in the drive way, she must be home for her break. Dylan dropped me off because she said that she was going to her friends house. I walked in the house to Vanessa sitting at the kitchen table. If you take a quick glance at her, you would think that she's Dylan. She has straight long brown her and big blue eyes. She's very skinny and about the same height as Dylan.
I walk over to the kitchen table.
"Hey babe, how are you?" I ask as I kiss her on the cheek.
"I'm amazing now that you're here. Where did you go?"
"I went to chick fil a with Dylan."
"Really? Well, I see that you two are bonding. Where is she now?" she asked
"She told me that she was going to her friends house. We rode in her car, she dropped me off"
"She let you drive?" Vanessa asked surprisingly.
"No, she drove" I said
"Oh, I was about to say. The girl doesn't even let me drive the car" she laughed.
I love seeing her smile. She's so beautiful, she looks just like Dylan. Damn, stop Chris.
"Babe, I have good news" Vanessa said, getting up from the chair.
"What is it?" I asked curiously.
"So, they want me to fly to New York tomorrow morning to close a deal. I'm getting paid big time for it."
"You're kidding me! That's great!!" I got up and hugged her tightly.
"I'll be gone Monday-Wednesday. You'll be here with Dylan. She basically can take care of herself, just feed her and make sure she gets home at curfew time, not a minute late. If so, call me and I'll deal with her. But I have to get back to work, I just came here to tell you that in person. I'll see you tonight. Love you" she said, walking towards the door
"I love you too!" I said and then she closed the door.
I'm going to be here alone with Dylan for three days straight. Let's see how this goes.