Crushing

Dylan's POV

I'm so bored. My friends are gone and my mom just texted saying she would be home late. Also, I'm trying to get the thought of me and Chris accident out my head. While laying on my bed, I pick up my phone and open the Twitter app. The first person I see is tweeting is August. So of course I tweet so that I can get his attention.

I tweeted "So bored 😭😩" then began scrolling down my timeline. Everyone is talking about the new Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta episode, but I'm not really into those reality shows so I close out of the app and get up to go downstairs to the kitchen. I'm surprised that Chris isn't in the living room. I go to the fridge and look for something to eat. We literally have nothing in our fridge so I close it. Once I close the fridge, I notice Chris standing on the other side of the kitchen.
"Looking for something to eat?" he ask.
"Uh, yeah but we don't have anything"
"What are you in the mood for?"
"In and Out sounds good"
"Bacon cheeseburger with a sprite?" he ask me. I can't believe he remembered.
"Yeah, that's what I'll have."
"Okay, I'll go out and get it."

I walk up the stairs as he closes the front door. That wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be.

I noticed that my phone was lit up, so I picked it up and saw that I had a DM from August. I quickly unlocked the phone and read the message.

"Since you're so bored. Maybe we should text. 😉"
I can't believe August is asking for my number!
I reply with "#?" keeping it simple.
Once he replied with his number, I waited 10 minutes to text him. Its only right.

Dylan: hey, it's Dyl ☺️
August: hey, wassup 😘
Dylan: nothing much, sitting here bored. wassup with you?
August: same. playing 2k
Dylan: lol, yeah of course
August: you looked really nice today😍 , I like when you wear your hair down
Dylan: really? thanks 😚
August: so, you wanna go with me to Zaxbys for lunch tomorrow?
Dylan: depends, you paying? 😂
August: you know I gotcha, lol.
Dylan: alright, I guess I'll go with you then. lol
August: oh, cause I'm paying huh?
Dylan: nah, that's not the only case, lol.

I waited for a reply for about 15 minutes, but got nothing. We didn't even talk that long, but oh well. At least I get to spend lunch with him tomorrow. I heard Chris call my name so I put my phone on the bed and walked downstairs.

"Got your burger. I also got you some fries"
"Thanks" I said taking the food out of the bag and walking up to my room. I would eat in the kitchen, but I don't want to talk with Chris right now.

Once I finished my food, I got in my bed and drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock.

Sitting in front of my closet with my purple boy shorts and a purple bra, I tried to decide what to wear. Since I'm going to lunch with August, I think I'll wear something cute. I put on a black and white stripped tight fitted dress and a black scarf with my white low top converses. I wore my curly hair down since August said he likes it. Before walking out my room, I grabbed my jean jacket, my phone, and my book bag. When I got downstairs my mom was wearing a big t shirt that was probably Chris's and cooking breakfast.

"You're cooking in the morning?" I asked, curious because my mom never makes breakfast.
"Yeah, Chris wanted some. And I figured that I would make you a nice breakfast since you're going to school anyways."
"Doesn't he have his own house?"
"Not anymore" she answered while putting some eggs into a plate
"What do you mean, not anymore?"
"He lives here now. That's what I mean."
Avoiding an argument, I placed a strip of bacon on my plate and ate my food. I went into the refrigerator to get out the apple juice and then poured some in a glass. While I was drinking it, Chris came downstairs with his shirt off and some basketball shorts on.
"Good morning Dylan" he said nicely.
"Good morning. I gotta go. Bye mom" I said as I rushed towards the door grabbing my keys. While I started to close the door, I saw them kissing. I don't know why a sense of jealously came out of me.

As I walked into English, I saw August staring at me. I took my assigned seat beside him. I could smell his strong, but amazing cologne on.

"Hey" he said
"Wassup" I said nonchalantly.
"Sorry, I didn't reply last night, I ended up falling asleep. Long day"
"Oh, it's okay. No biggie" I said

Ms. Arnold closed the door as the bell rung.
"Today, we are going to start working on the big research project. This project will be 50% of your final grade and it is to be done with the person sitting next to you. We will work on this some in class, but you will also have to work on it outside of school with your partner. You both need to come up with a topic and have it sent to me through an email by tomorrow morning. So, go ahead and get each others numbers, emails, twitters, MySpace, or whatever you young people use now and days so you can discuss your project with your partner"

So yeah, August is my partner, which is amazing. That means that we have to spend time together out side of school.

The lunch bell rung and me and August walked out of the class together. All of his friends were greeting him. Several girls gave me nasty looks as we got into the car, but I really don't care. August drives a 2014 Gold Lexus. I've heard that his mom and dad are both surgeons, so they're making major cash. We pull into Zaxbys and both get out the car. He opens the door and walks in after me.

"Welcome to Zaxbys, what can we get you?" the lady at the register said with a smile on her face.
"You can get whatever you want" August said to me
"Can I have a boneless wings meal with fries" I said to the worker.
"And can I have a wings and things" August said.
She gave me a cup and I walked over to the fountain as August paid for our meal. Of course, I got a sprite. While I was putting the top on my cup, August came over and started filling up his cup.
"Where do you want to sit?" he asked.
"Doesn't matter"
He leaded the way into a booth in the back of the restaurant.

"Do you take all your girls here?" I said, sipping my sprite.
"Nah, just you." he said laughing.
I pushed his shoulder.
"I'm kidding. Nah, I don't really take girls out for food and shit like that." he said in a serious tone.
"Why?" I asked
"You gotta deserve that shit"
"Oh, so I deserve it?" I asked, with a smile on my face.
"Yeah. To be honest with you Dylan, I've liked you since the first time I saw you. You're so beautiful. But I never thought you would talk to a guy like me."
"What? I thought you would never talk to a girl like me." I said
"Why? What's wrong with you?"
"I'm not like all the other girls that be at school. I would think that you would like a girl that's like really really popular and shit like that"
"Nah, not at all. And that's why I like you. You're popular, but you're low key. You never really hear your name around school, but everyone knows who you are. Plus, you're a smart girl. Someone that my parents would like. That's someone I need. Not a girl that's like these hoes out here"
"I guess" I said with a smile on my face.

The lady at the front called our number and August got up to get out food. He came back and we started to eat.

On our ride back to school, we talked the whole time. About life, and school, and just everything. He told me that his parents are both surgeons and they are really strict on his grades. He also said that it's really hard to balance basketball and his grades, which I understand because I balance dance and my grades. The to school was amazing. We actually connected and I'm really starting to like this boy.