Aftermath

Warning: This chapter has semi-graphic/gore mentions. Marked with * when starting and ending if you wish to skip.

Barry wakes up sad. He had a dream about Iris and himself. It started out happy, Barry hadn't seen Iris in a while, and he misses her a lot, so when she showed up in his sleep, he was beyond words. However, the happiness quickly faded as he noticed the figure standing behind Iris.

Nora.

His daughter, killed, well, technically erased from the timeline, by the Reverse Flash. One of the many reasons Barry is still on this Earth, to catch Thawne. But he feels like he has a new problem, the new speedster. No one has seen him ever since his first appearance, the only thing they could get was his name, Conner, and his quirk, discharge, the same as Kaminari's. So that begs the question, what did the Speed Force do to his quirk, if anything at all, and how did he even gain a connection to the Speed Force? Who was he really? Did Thawne and Zoloman already find him? Did he team with them?

Questions. They seemed to haunt Barry, mostly because of the scary variety of answers that followed the answer 'yes'. Barry finally escapes his thoughts and walks to the common room, where he finds most of the 1-A students starting their morning. Either with coffee, breakfast, or just chatting with their friends. He greets some of them while getting coffee and a special breakfast bar designed by Lunch Rush and Hatsume from 1-C, that should theoretically keep him full until lunch. They made it for his metabolism, which as you know, is freakishly fast. And I said theoretically because Barry is the only test subject. 

He eats it and hopes... that he isn't hungry afterwards, they assured him it was at least safe. He drinks his coffee, which thankfully went well with the breakfast, and turned on the news. Mina came by and chuckled. "Geez, the news? I knew you were older than us but damn." She said sarcastically, having never once checked the weather other than using her phone. He smiled at the silliness, and went along with it. 

 "Well yeah, what else are us old people supposed to do?" He said, earning a chuckle from the pink skinned girl. But she said something that killed his mood. "You know, your married, a superhero, a cop, and NOT a dad? How is that?" She wondered jokingly. She left her joking mode as she noticed his frown. "Hey, what's wrong? I was only joking." She asked, feeling bad that she made her friend sad.

"I know, it's just... I've met my daughter before." This got some eyebrows raised from the people that were definitely not eavesdropping. "Her name was Nora. She had a natural born connection to the Speed Force, and when I met her, she was coming from the future. There was a villain she needed help defeating, and we did beat her... we just didn't realize how big of a mistake it was. Reverse Flash was behind it all, because her weapon was the only thing that could disable his speed for him to be killed for his crimes. We played into his hands and destroyed, leaving him free in the future. The timeline change was actually severe enough to...to..." He was struggling to get it out, tears openly falling while recounting the memory of Nora West-Allen. Normally he could do it, but after the short but soul crushing dream, it was so hard. "...To erase her from the timeline." He finished, earning some gasps from the entire class that was totally not still eavesdropping on him. 

The class comforted him, trying to help him calm down, but it did the opposite, for a good reason though. Barry had never really come to terms with her loss, mostly because the other person truly affected was his wife, her mother. He cried and cried, but they were there for him, which he was grateful for. 

When he finally calmed down, he thanked everyone before returning to the news. What he saw was the beginning of a deadly rivalry.

It was a breaking news report, live on the air, showing footage from a camera moving at tremendous speed, slowing down a little every few minutes. This was enough to get the attention of the entire class. Then, when the camera stopped, some of the class lost their breakfast.

****

Because it focused on a corpse. The body was split in half at the middle with nails piercing his hand, holding him on a wall. And a small pile of entrails below it. The man had green scaly skin that was paling, for he had pretty clearly been bled dry, and he wore now tattered white and red clothes with a red mask covering his face. Unfortunately, it did not cover his still open milky white eyes. The name "Spinner" was written above the scene, presumably in his blood. Then, the camera turned away from the scene, revealing a man with a poker face rivaling Todoroki's. He then spoke to the audience.

****

"Hello Musutafu! My name was Conner, but now, you can call me Surge. I have a message for the villains of this area. STAY AWAY FROM U.A! Currently, there is someone I want to kill working there, and I want him all to myself. If you do mess with them, then you'll end up like him. Goodbye Musutafu. Oh, and Flash... I'll see you soon." He ended with a sinister smile, sending chills down the spine of the audience. 

Barry and the rest of 1-A were left in a state of shock. They snapped out of it when one of the students recognized the name. "Spinner? SPINNER! He was part of the League Of Villains!" Mineta blurted, crying over the fact that his food lay in a puddle on the floor, and that he'd just seen something horrific. The rest of the class's eyes widened as they remembered him. It was terrifying, because the League's been off the grid ever since the Overhaul attack. So, not only had he killed a member of the League, he was one of the first people to even track them down. This guy was smart, strong, and brutal.

And he was coming for them.

I DID IT! I finally made another chapter! I was so lazy for the longest time, but it's here. Sorry if it was short. But anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I hope to see you next time in The Path We Run. Have a good day/evening/night y'all.