The Fastest Man Alive - Barry Allen

"Alright, start already." Aizawa said, getting impatient. He wanted to know everything, like what is his power, and how much can he do. One person with a quirk that can't be erased was bad enough, but 3 people with the same quirk wasn't something he was willing to take risks with. Barry just sighed, he then used his speed to finish his meal quickly, all five completely filled plates. Everyone was a bit surprised, but that faded as Barry started telling his story.

"So, my name is Barry Allen, and when I was 11, my mother was murdered." The mood quickly turned sour, because they realized what kind of backstory they were about to hear. "She was killed by the Reverse Flash, but my father was arrested because who would believe a scared 11 year old saying a man in yellow inside a ball of lightning killed mom. He was given a life sentence and I stayed with my best friend, Iris West and her dad, Joe West, but dad and I knew the truth. So I became a forensic scientist so I could prove his innocence. One night it was raining, and Harrison Wells, a reknowned scientist unvailed a breakthrough that would change everything, just not how we expected. It was a particle accelerator, he turned it on and everything was fine... for about five minutes."

Barry looked pained telling his story, so when he paused, no one rushed him, even Aizawa stayed quiet. "It exploded, sending a wave of dark matter through the city, seemingly killing and injuring many. I was struck by lightning and launched into chemicals in my lab, and was put into a coma lasting 9 months. When I woke up, I met Cisco and Caitlin, 2 of my best friends and fellow heroes. I was filled in on what I had missed by Dr. Wells. When I left, I was different, things would slow down, I noticed things faster, thought faster, then my hand started vibrating, and I ran. But I wasn't the only one, I met Clyde Mardon, another meta-human, by the way, we call people with powers meta-humans because we don't have powers on my Earth. Clyde could control the weather, and I was the only one who could stop him. That night I became The Flash."

He smiled saying this, he was proud of who he was. "Being The Flash was tricky at first, it took some getting used to. Lying became second nature to me, and the only reason I could sleep at night was because I was lying to myself too. Telling myself it was to keep them safe, that it was better if they didn't know. I was wrong, and things got better when they learned the truth. One day, Dr. Wells was helping me learn to phase, I'll explain that later, but the way he described running, and the Speed force, once again I'll explain later, he was speaking from experience. He was The Reverse Flash. Long-story short, we won, and my dad was released from prison, and we discovered the existence of other Earths, Cisco can open breaches, that's what I came out of, to other Earths, then Zoom came around. He was faster and stronger, he decimated me, stole my speed... killed my father." Barry said, a tear falling from his eye. He had just gotten his father back just for Zoom to take him again.

"Well, that's me. Anything else you wanna know?" They all sat in stunned silence until Izuku piped up, "Can you explain the things you were talking about, like phasing, and the Speed Force?" Hearing this and remembering he said he'd explain later, Barry tells him, "Well, phasing is vibrating my molecules at the natural frequency of air, I pass through sold objects. And the Speed Force is, well, it's really another dimension entirely, if you form a connection with the Speed Force, you gain powers, like impossible speed. It also has a nifty feature of making you immune to physics relating to speed."

"So that's why I couldn't erase your power, because it doesn't come from you." Aizawa said, now understanding what he was dealing with. Iida was struggling to understand something, when Barry suddenly asked, "Your wondering how Zoom killed that guy, aren't you?" Iida was confused as to how he figured it out, but nodded anyway. "He phased through his body, which, by itself, isn't lethal at all, so when his arm was through, that part of his arm that was in his chest, he went just a bit slower, the rapid movements, and how weak organs are, he basically turned his insides to mulch. It's how he took my dad too. I'm sorry I couldn't stop him, Thawne had me preoccupied."

"Wait, you said Reverse Flash turned out to be Dr. Wells, so why did he say he was Eobard Thawne?" Uraraka asked confused. Barry was also a little confused at first, but then he understood her confusion and explained, "Okay, this will sound crazy so don't freak out, but speedsters can time travel." Barry said, and right after he said this, he saw Aizawa and Uraraka clamp a hand over Midoriya's mouth as he nearly exploded in the middle of the restaurant, Barry could barely contain his laughter, his cheeks hurting from how hard it was. "I said don't freak out dude." Barry remarked quietly, giggles seeping out of his cracking composure. As Izuku calmed down, the 2 removed their hands and left to wash them. Barry waited for them to return, before finishing, "So that one you saw wasn't the same as the one I knew. He is one of the only speedsters that can manipulate the timeline to get what he wants without making major changes to the future. Hes changed the past so many times that he is a walking paradox. Oh, and Zoom, he's a time remnant, or temporal duplicate, created when you run back in time and meet yourself and... I don't really know how it works actually. I don't mess with the timeline after Flashpoint. That's a whole other can of worms I'm not opening right now. Sorry."

"It's okay, I do have one more question, can you tell us all of your abilities, if we are going to assist, we must know what we are truly up against." Iida stated, patiently waiting for a response. Barry was surprised and asked, "Why would you help, this is my fight not yours." Midoriya replied for Iida, stating, "It became our fight too when Zoom murdered that pilot. The sooner we stop them, the less people die." Barry just smiled at the group, before saying to the 3, "You guys are going to make great heroes one day." To which the 3 responded by smiling, blushing a little from the comment.

Barry lets out a sad sigh, and asks uncertainly, "So I know this is a lot to ask but... do you think you could help me find a place to stay for now. I don't have anywhere to go at the moment." The 4 thought for a moment, before Midoriya whispered to Aizawa, and he stepped out to make a phone call. About 5 minutes later, he returned whispered something to Midoriya, making him smile, and Midoriya said, "Mr. Aizawa called Principle Nezu, and he gave the okay for you to stay at the dorms's guest room at U.A if you'd like." Barry just smiled and accepted, thankful for the offer. A TV in the restaurant was turned on, and the news came on, starting on a report about a strange phenomenon that occurred at the hospital.

"Witnesses say, they saw a multi-colored lightning bolt, blue and grey, much like the ones seen in central Musutafu, running out of the hospital it suddenly overcharged. No one knows what this means for the city, but we will keep you updated."

Barry's eyes widened as he asked himself, "Who the hell is that?"

Quick Announcement - Thank you guys for 100 reads, that is awesome. I hope you're enjoying the story so far, and I know the white lightning changed to grey, that will be explained. Until next time, thanks for reading this chapter of The Path We Run.