Chapter 23 - Green Day & Reunions...

time will tell

"As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost
Wake me up when September ends"

- Wake Me Up When September Ends, Green Day

"Thank you for not letting me down, I owe you!" I said with happy tears in my eyes as I looked over at Baldwin who was about to fall asleep on the big white sofa in the lobby of our hotel. We had just arrived in New York for the Green Day concert tonight and although Baldwin was feeling awful, he decided to accompany me since the two of us were supposed to attend the concert together before he was forced to cancel due to his ilness.

"I should be the one thanking you," Andrew laughed into the speaker. "Prepare yourself for one hell of a night. Our teenage dream is coming true, baby!"

To attend a Green Day concert has been a dream of mine ever since I've heard them on the radio while driving to a football game with my father when I was about eight. Each time I tried to get a ticket for their concerts, they were sold out already and I truly believed that I'd never see them live. "I'll text you once I'm ready."

"If I have enough time I'll make sure to pick you up - or else we'll just meet at Madison Square Garden, alright?" he asked and I nodded, although he couldn't see me.

"Alright, see you!" I hung up the phone and walked over to where Baldwin was seated to squeeze his shoulder lightly to make sure he was awake.

He sneezed two times in a row before he said, "I am so sorry, Miles. I wish I could come with you, I am seriously not feeling good at all and all these meds give me headaches."

I smiled. "I told you not to worry about it anymore. You should probably just rest."

"Okay," he said hoarsely, cleaning his throat. Once he was ready, I helped him to walk all the way up to our room and made sure to order some camomile tea while he was wrapping himself around his blanket.

"I feel bad for leaving you alone tonight," I admitted. I sat down onto my bed and let out a loud sigh. It was weird to be in New York because I had never thought about coming here at all. I had no idea where exactly Rose was living, but we were practically breathing the same air. I also didn't know how long it had been since we were so close to each other. I walked over to our small balcony and stared out of the window as I drifted into some deep thoughts.

Where are you, Rose?

"I'm okay!" He tried to speak through the blanket, which was now covering his face. "I'll probably sleep for the next 24 hours aynway. Hopefully I'll feel better afterwards."

I didn't really listen to what he was saying because I was already way too focused on my thoughts. I was suddenly wondering whether Andrew already had the chance to see her to give her the letter I had written. Did she read it? What did she think about it? No, she obviously did not read your damn pitiful letter, you ididot! My subconscious shouted at me. She would have messaged or called you if she did. Or perhaps she read it and threw it away because she's over you. Stop thinking about her and move on. Get your life together.

I shook my head. I truly didn't want to believe that she was over me. This small flame of hope inside of me was still burning and I was praying for it to ignite our love as well. She's over you. Move on. I shook my head again, rubbing my temples. She's living her best life without you. She is living her life with a man by her side who makes her feel loved, wanted and appreciated. You only made her feel absolutely awful about herself. You made her feel unloved, unwanted and worthless. She hated herself because of you. Don't you realize it? You were toxic.