Rogue Time

"Oh Boy" Barry breathes out looking around. "Hey what's going on? Dude?" Cisco says over his comms. "I'm..here" Barry says stopping unsure of what the frack was going on. "What happened? Why'd you stop?" Cisco asks. "I just..got a little disoriented."
"Well, you need to make up some time, man. You better hurry up."
"Hurry? What are you.."
"Hurry, as in get to the morgue."
"The morgue..I was there yesterday."
"What are you talking about? Come on you gotta go."
-
"Hey what happened out there? You were saying some weird stuff like being at the morgue yesterday." Kara says coming up to Barry. "I was there yesterday. After I left the bowling alley"
"Barry, you left the bowling alley an hour ago."
"I no-that was last night-you were here with Caitlin and Cisco like not that long ago while I was trying to stop a tsunami."
"A tsunami? Barry. There wasn't any tsunami. What are you going on about?"
"Did everyone just like forget the past day except me. Mark Mardon would up being alive, having more advanced powers similar to his brother Clyde's, he almost killed captain Singh, kidnapped Joe, and was trying to drown the city does nobody remember that." Barry snaps. Everyone turns their heads towards him. "Mr. Allen, a word if you will." Wells says wheeling into the hallway.
"Dr. Wells I don't know what's going on-it's like everyone's pretending the past day didn't happen-and I-" The speedster rambles. "You ruptured the space time continuum didn't you? You're experiencing temporal reversion."
"I uh yeah I think."
"How long."
"A day and some change...it's like I'm reliving it all over again. Some really terrible things happened the first time I lived this day there was a-"
"No. No do not tell me. I don't want to know anything about the future you experienced."
"But-"
"Time... is an extremely fragile construct. Any deviation, no matter how small, could result in a cataclysm. Now here's what you're going to do. Everything you did before. Every word you uttered, every step you took, you're going to do again. And you're not going to tell anyone this happened."
"But Dr. Wells-"
"No buts Mr. Allen, now I believe you have a crime scene to attend."
-
"So what did he mean?" Kara says from behind him after he's back in STAR Labs and in the hallway alone.
"How did you-"
"Super hearing, remember?"
"Oh yeah"
"So what did he mean?"
"I was running, trying to stop a tsunami which hasn't happened yet...I need to find Mark Mardon." He says before flashing off.
Kara huffs and shakes her head.
He runs into the apartment building he knew Mardon had been hiding out in. Mark turned around "I didn't know there was anyone else like me."
"You know, your brother said the same thing." The Flash says to Mardon before speeding him and locking him in the pipeline. He pulls his cowl back and heads to the cortex.
"I still don't understand, how did you find him?" Cisco asks.
"I had a hunch." Barry shrugs. Wells is glaring at the young speedster.
-
A speedster, an alien, and an engineer walk into a bar. They're hanging out. When a girl walks up behind them. "Hi. I don't normally do this, but I was watching you, and...can I buy you a drink." She says.
"..Uh...wow. I mean I'm really flattered but I-" Barry starts. "She was talking to Cisco, Bas" Kara whispers in his ear just as the female who is totally most definitely in no way Lisa Snart says "Actually I was talking to him."
"Um... I'm... I'm sorry, you said... you said you were talking to me?" Cisco says confused.
"Yeah, I just told my friends over there that I thought you were cute and they dared me to come over here and talk to you, so... please talk to me." Definitely not-Lisa says.
"Yeah. Yeah, I suppose I can talk to you for a little bit."
"Yeah, we were just leaving right Kara?" Barry says getting up.
"Yep" Kara nods also getting up. "Make me proud" Barry whispers to his friend before leaving the bar with Kara.
-
"Should we head back to STAR Labs?" Kara asks. Barry shrugs. "Nothing better to do crime is being suspiciously quiet."
"So what's it like to time travel"
"Well considering this day is turning out completely different than it did before and I'm not just in another time I ran back a day and had a redo kind of underwhelming."
"One question. People are overwhelmed, people are underwhelmed why isn't anyone just whelmed?" Kara asks.
"Dunno."
"So STAR Labs?"
"Yeah."
They run/fly to STAR Labs.
Caitlin watches the two woosh in.
"Where's Cisco?" She asks the superheroes. "On a date" Kara sputters out slowly slipping into Marley but they're the same person so both parts are kind of bleeding together just the Marley part is stronger. "And with who might he be on a date with?" Caitlin asks still being a bit scary but just concerned for Cisco because of how his last date ended. Let's just say his last one ended with the girl going out with another guy and Cisco being kidnapped by their 'villain of the week.' "Some girl from the bar" Kara says almost caving in to Marley. Barry could see what was happening and stepped in. "Someone came up to Cisco and Cisco told us to leave because she wanted to hang out with him." Barry explains.
"You do know Snart and his crew are back in town right?"
"Wait Snart is back in town?"Barry asks.
"Mhm. He was seen this morning with Rory and get this, his sister."
"I guess criminal must run in their family" he mutters.
"Wait I'm sorry but who exactly are Snart and Rory?" Kara asks. "Thieves, really bad criminals, Snart came across a cold gun Cisco built-" Caitlin starts. "To neutralize me." Barry adds in bitterly. No he had not forgotten and his inner Sebastian was very very bitter about it still.
"Barry, you know he didn't mean it like that.." Caitlin says. I know I just don't care. "Yeah, Yeah I know. I'm gonna go patrol see if I can spot them." Barry says grabbing his suit and flashing off. Most likely to blow off steam as well calm himself down before he got out of control and did something he regretted.
"Snart could easily kill Barry if he found a way to get a new cold gun. Speed and cold are opposites since temperature is based on the speed of molecules faster they move warmer it gets, If Barry doesn't outrun the blast of Snart's ice gun then he could be slowed down or freeze to death." Caitlin explains. "I won't let them." Kara says boldly,
"Kara, as much as I know you want to help it's bad enough to get people to trust The Flash. Meta-Humans are still a relatively new thing and people with just one type of power scare people. Add in an alien with such an array of powers...Supergirl will be hunted down. If not by the police then probably General Eiling for sure."
"I don't care."
"Fine" Caitlin huffs getting back to work.
-
"Drop the gun!" Flash shouts running over to where Cold and his sister were grabbing Lisa and holding her in a headlock.
"We both know you're not going to do anything to her." Snart says while Flash holds Lisa and the gun. He had snart. Both Snarts. "Oh, by the way meet my baby sister. Lisa, Flash. Flash, Lisa."
Lisa waves. Barry recognizes her as the girl from the bar. SHIT CISCO.
"Cisco, has been very, very busy" Snart says. "Unless you want me to mail small, frozen pieces of him back to his family, I'd take your hands off her." Snart threatens. Barry let's her go. He wasn't going to risk Cisco's life, that's not who he is. "Let him go Snart." Flash orders.
"I'll think about it." Snart says and him and his sister take off.
Barry huffs and heads back to STAR Labs to drop his suit off and change. He didn't have time to tell them about Cisco yet. He then went back to where he was to investigate the crime scene.
"Barr. Witnesses reported seeing The Flash. They said you had Snart dead to rights but you let him go? Why?" Joe whisper asks. "Cisco. Snart and his sister have him."
"Oh man, okay, get to STAR Labs."
"I'll get there when I can"
"Alright."
Barry turns around. "Allen." Eddie says clearly pissed. "Yeah, Eddie I.." He starts before being cut off by a fist to his face. Okay he probably deserved that. But for what? Sebastian being a douche the other day to him and Iris when he was in a bad mood, accidentally butting in on his and iris' date hey how was he supposed to know they were there, bringing Iris into danger when they were hanging out that morning, what caused Eddie to punch him. "Stay away from Iris" Eddie says angrily. Ok probably all of the above. Definitely all of the above. Other detectives break them apart before anything got bad.
"You know what the worst part is, Barry? I thought you and I were friends."
Oh crap what if he thought he was making a move on Iris.
-
"Snart and his sister have Cisco."
"I'm sorry what" Caitlin says alarmed. They play a video that shows what they already know. "But the girl at the bar?" Kara asks. "Cold's sister, Lisa Snart."Barry tells her.
"Ok but how do we know they're working together?" Kara asks.
"Because when I caught Cold his sister was with him. They both had dangerous guns like not regular guns a cold gun and a gold gun."
"Oh."
"Yeah, criminal must run in their family. Lewis, Leonard, Lisa all the snarts are crooks." He murmers. Wells motions for Barry to come to the hallway. "Dr. Wells you were right, I-I screwed with time and now time is screwing with me. Cold is back, he kidnapped Cisco, and-"
Wells cuts him off "Stop right there before you cause another disruption in the timeline."
"I-Okay Fine Dr. Wells. I just need to talk to someone about this."
"Well you can't. Talk to someone the entire timeline could be in jeopardy. Forget the time travel ever happened understand?"
Barry almost goes Sebastian mode on Wells but pushes it down and takes off. He had to find Cisco anyways. He ran a lap around the city and came back to STAR Labs. "I couldn't find him did you guys have any luck?"
"Nothing on the satellite" Caitlin says. "This is all my fault" Barry murmurs. "This isn't your fault this isn't related to...you...doing what you did.." Kara says reassuring her friend who wasn't to reassured after. Wells was like oh she knows? Or at least that's what Barry thought he was thinking. Who knows with that guy.
"We'll get Cisco back."
"I'm back." Cisco says walking in the room. "Oh, my God are you okay? We were so worried what happened?" Caitlin asks. "How did you escape?"
"I didn't"
"Snart just let you go? Why?" Barry says skeptically.
He um tortured my brother...And he said he was gonna kill him if I didn't... if I didn't tell him..." Cisco trails off.
"Tell him what?" Barry questions nearly switching to Sebastian mode. "Who The Flash really is."
Barry was on the verge of losing it again. Was this how Oliver felt when Felicity told him the Arrow's identity?Maybe not. Because Leonard Snart was a bad guy.
"I..honestly, man, they... they could've killed me. But they were gonna kill my brother. I couldn't let him do that."
The only thing keeping Barry from going Sebastian on Cisco was the fact that it was his brothers life in the question and it was technically Barry's fault this happened in the first place.
"Hey. I'm sorry, Barry." Cisco says just as Barry is about to woosh off. "No. I'm so sorry. I put you in that position. I'm the one who's sorry." The speedster huffs.
"Where are you going?" Cisco asks.
"I don't deserve to be here. I won't be the one to put you in jeopardy. Not again. Never again." Barry huffs and super speeds off.