Congratulations [TF2 x Reader, Fluff]

Another win, another celebration. Your team was on a streak of victories, do you decided to reward them a bit more than what you usually do.

1214 words.

~x~

"Victory." the announcer's voice boomed through the speakers. All the mercenaries, including you, cheered in joy. Damn, the streak never seemed to end! Today marked the 10th victory in a row. This was extremely rare, especially with the [REDs/BLUs]. You were nearly ecstatic! Most of the mercenaries walked back to base with a wide, proud smile plastered on their face.

"Ay, good job out there!" you heard Scout tell the others.

"Thank you." Heavy replied, smiling slightly. They're even getting along better! Guess all the wins just have them in great moods.

Entering the base, celebration instantly sparked. Albeit sore and tired, everyone whooped and went to Demoman for drinks. Demo absolutely delivered, handing out individual bottles of his scrumpy to everyone except Pyro and Spy. You gladly took one of the scrumpy bottles yourself, taking a long swig and softly cheering after.

"Oi shiela, ya did amazin' out there." Sniper gently nudged your arm.

"Awh, thanks Snipe." you giggled. "You did great out there too!"

"Not.. really. But thanks." the Aussie blushed slightly, tipping his hat down with a shy smile.

"Hudda hudda huh!" Pyro chimed in, gently grabbing you hand with an excited bounce in his step. You laughed at them, gently petting their head. They let out a happy, muffled giggle before leaving again.

"A good fight can get a man hungry.." Engie piped up, "But the only food we got right now is Heavy's sandwiches.. and we can't exactly eat those.."

The mercenaries all sighed, deciding on take out instead. Then suddenly, an idea popped into your mind.

"Actually, can you all wait here? I'm gonna be in the kitchen for a long while." you spoke up, silencing all the chatter in the room.

"Yes, of course! Take all zhe time you need, fräulein." Medic smiled and let you go on your way. You entered the kitchen with the alcoholic drink still in your hand, so you set it down at the counter nearby. Shutting the door, you locked it so no one could come in and ruin the surprise. Fumbling through a small pouch you had, you pulled out a folded piece of paper. Opening it up, it revealed the recipe for a perfect vanilla cake. Plus icing! Alongside that, you decided to make some chicken alfredo pasta so it wasn't all sweet.

It's time to get your hands dirty. For the team!

Bringing out the ingredients, you washed your hands and began the baking process. You soon realized how hard it is to bake a cake without any kind of electric mixer. It's okay though, it's the thought that counts!

~In the main room..~

All the mercenaries waited patiently, chatting away. That is.. until a heavenly aroma wafted from the kitchen to the main room. Soldier was the first to smell it. Then Scout. Then Medic. Then everyone else.

"Do jou smell zhat?" Medic said, sniffing the air some more.

"Yeah.. it smells so sweet!" Scout chimed.

"Best ta stay here and wait till (Y/N)'s done. Don't wanna spoil the surprise now, do we?" Engie said, getting nods and hums of approval.

"Let zhe petit do her thing." Spy said, relaxing against his seat. Some of the mercy groaned.

"But we're hungry..!" one whined, patting his grumbling belly.

"You will wait, no matter how long it takes." Spy let out a small 'hmph,' sternly looking at the whiney baby-men.

~~Back in the kitchen.~~

You alternated from icing the cake to checking on the pasta. Draining the noodles from the pasta water (and saving some), you swiftly finished icing the cake to focus on the alfredo. Carefully mixing the pasta with the chicken and sauce, you added in some steamed broccoli and put it all into a nice, large bowl for the mercenaries. Backing up, you looked at your creations proudly and patted yourself down before grabbing 10 plates, spoons, forks, etc. Opening the kitchen door, you called out.

"Oi, get your plates and stuff ready in the dining room!"

One by one, the mercenaries came in a single file line to collect their items without peeking into the kitchen. They all headed to the dining room, setting their stuff down with adorably giddy expressions. You brought the bowl of pasta first, with a thin towel covering it of course. Arriving at the dining room, you set the bowl down with a grin. All the mercenaries eyed the bowl like eager puppies. Giggling softly, you pulled the towel off and revealed the delicious smelling pasta. 

"Well? Dig in!" you laughed, letting everyone get their helpings of the delicacy. Soon they were either elegantly chewing on their food or full on scarfing it down, making you laugh softly as you took your own helping.

"This is delicious!" Scout nearly moaned.

"Best bloody pasta oi've evah had for a while." Sniper commented, smiling gently.

"You guys are too sweet. Like something else I prepared.. be right back! Hope you left room for seconds!" you stood from your finished plate, walking off to grab the cake.

The mercenaries, still chattering, rose their eyes from each other back to you when you arrived once again. Once again, you had a large circle tray with a beautifully crafted vanilla cake in the middle.

"Congrats on the streak, y'all. You deserve this." you smiled, walking to put the cake in the center of the table. You began cutting the cake, giving everyone an equal slice.

"Shucks darlin', ya didn't have ta do this.." Engie blushed.

"But I wanted to." you spoke with a smile.

"But--"

"Shhshhshshshsh, I wanted to do it, I did it. Now shush and eat the cake." 

Engie pouted adorably, but ate slowly. Everyone's eyes lit up at the delectable taste hitting their tongues, then began eating a bit faster. Medic's eyes rolled to the back of his head a bit as he sunk in his chair, melting in the taste.

"Mein Gott, frauline! You have outdone jourself!" Medic hummed happily.

"Mhmm!" Pyro nodded vigorously as he continued to eat.

"Aye love this almost as much as I love me organs!" Demoman drunkenly blubbered. "No offense, organs."

You could've sworn you heard Demo's bones crossing their arms and pouting.

"Zhis is quite zhe treat, mon petit. Thank you for this." Spy smiled slightly, finishing the rest of his cake.

"Da, thank you for delicious food, leetle (Y/N)." Heavy added.

Scout's eyes lit up for a second, looking to all the other men. They nodded slowly, then looked straight at you. The sudden attention towards you made you flustered, awkwardly fidgeting in your seat.

"Go get 'er!" Scout yelped, standing from his seat. Everyone else quickly stood and tromped towards you, which made you scoot out of your seat out of instinct.

"HeY--" your voice cracked as you were immediately engulfed into a big group hug from all the mercenaries. Spy held onto your hips to keep you steady, or maybe just to be a perv. You didn't know for sure. The warmth of everyone's bodies surrounded you.

"Thank you, (Y/N)! We love you!" everyone spoke up at the same time, each of them giving you a quick peck to the cheek. God, you loved your amazing family.

"Heh.. you're welcome, guys.. I love you too." you blushed.