Bad Advice [Scout x Security Guard! Reader, Fluff]

For NotTheCookie !
1084 words.

"Jeremy's got a cruuuush!"

"Would'ya shut up about a man's feelin's for a minute?!"

"Pfft, man? I dunno about that one!"

Laughter spread throughout the Scout's home. He and his eight older brothers were all sitting and chatting in the same room, while their mom stayed in the living room watching television dramas.

Scout had gone to a certain casino with the other 8 mercenaries in their free time, and let him tell ya, the entrance security guard was HOT. And that guard just so happened to be.. you. Yes, you were short, but short people do pack one hell of a punch which was what got you the job in the first place. Scout thought you were adorable, but scary. In the good way, of course.

Now, what had gotten him in the situation of all of his older brothers teasing him? Simple. The boys were talking about girls, and Scout May have slipped a couple lines of "this hot security guard chick" being at a casino, and lightbulbs lit up around the room. The eight big brothers cackled at Jeremy's lil girl crush, leaving the youngest to pout, blush, and stare at his feet.

"Hey hey hey, it's alright lil bud! No need ta brood, we gotcha covered!" One of the brothers nudged Jeremy.

"Really? Your not lyin'?" Jeremy looked up, a bit of hope in his eyes.

"Totally! Ya gotta learn a thing or two about gettin' girls."

Jeremy grumbles softly, but nodded. If his brothers were serious about this, he'd be serious about this.

"Alright, first, describe 'er to us." One of the middle brothers suggested.

"'Kay.. well, she's got (hair length), (hair color) hair, pretty (eye color) eyes, she's shorter than me, and a smile that could take anyone's heart away." Jeremy described you, his face growing increasingly red the more he spoke. "She's got the perfect lips, cute lil cheeks, and can still pull off dat badass look!"

Jeremy's brothers all nodded in unison as they listened, tapping their fingers against their chins in thought.

"Try askin' her out for coffee!"

"Nah, what if she doesn't like coffee? Try impressin' her with somethin'!"

"She might not be that easily impressed, dumbo. Just start up a conversation and compliment her."

"Dat's too simple! Try doin' —"

The chatting in the room just got louder, and Jeremy had had enough already. He just wanted to do this his own way, he didn't need his brothers' help. He didn't need any help! Okay, well, maybe a little. But he mostly doesn't need help!

"Okay, can we all shut up now? I'm gonna do dis on my own." Jeremy sighed, standing up and heading for the door.

"On your own? Oooookay.. well don't come crawlin' back to us when ya don't get that girl's number."

"Whatever, I'll get it! I don't need help!" Jeremy sighed, walking out of the bedroom and out the door to head back to his team base.

~~Time Skip to Team Base..~~

Jeremy stepped into the base with a slightly sour look on his face. Engineer, being the father like figure he is, is the only one who notices.

"Hey boy, what's the matter? Ya don't look so hot." Dell commented.

"Nothing.. I'm fine. Just need some time myself." Jeremy huffed softly, walking to his room silently. Tomorrow was the day he'd visit the casino again.. he'll just have to devise a plan by himself before then.

"Alright Scout.. you got dis." He sighed. Just a few hours later he had.. a plan. Not a perfect one, but it was a plan. He stood up and went into the bathroom, reciting what he'd be saying in the mirror over and over again until he got it pitch perfect.

"Yeah, yeah! Confidence! I am so ready!"

~~Time Skip to Casino Time~~

He wasn't ready.

Most of the mercs filed out of the truck Dell had driven, slowly entering the casino altogether. The only people who hadn't come we're Spy, Heavy, and Pyro. Jeremy walked by Dell and sighed, trying to pump himself up for what he was gonna do. Once they entered, Jeremy looked around for that beautiful face he'd never forget.

"Dere she is.. beautiful and cool in that suit of hers... beautifully cool.. beauti-cool..!" He invented a new word, mumbling to himself. The others looked at the younger man in confusion, but shrugged and went their separate ways. Jeremy took a deep breath, internally gave himself some pep talk, then made his way over to you.

"He-Hey, how's it goin' dere?" Jeremy was already stuttering a little. Damnit.

"Good afternoon, Jeremy." You spoke. He's spoken to you before because of how he and the team were usuals. But even hearing your voice made this man's heart skip a beat. "Can I help you?"

"I-I.. buhh.. I uh.."

You cocked an eyebrow up at him expectantly as his face grew red.

"Y-You're really pretty..! I've sorta.. been admirin' you from afar for a while now. I-I just wanted to ask ya if I could.. maybe take you out for a drink or two sometime?" Jeremy looked into your eyes, his ocean blue ones being mesmerized by your (E/C) ones.

You chuckled, shaking your head. "Sure. That sounds great."

"W-Wait, really?!" Jeremy said, his voice cracking.

"Well, yeah. I find you attractive too, plus you've been a real sweetheart compared to the others who've flirted with me." You blush, cheeks rising as your smile grows.

"S-So.. it's—"

"It's a date."

Those words damn near made him faint. Trying to cover up for nearly pissing himself from fear, he smiled and opened his arms for a hug. You gladly took the hug, pressing your chest to his and your face into his shoulder.

"C-Can I.. ki.. kiss you..?" He mumbles, trying to look at you straight. You chuckled at his shyness and nodded, leaning up. He brought his head down slowly and pressed his lips against yours, shutting his eyes. You kissed back lovingly, his lips tasting sweet. Like soda, almost. To him, your lips were soft like rose petals and tasted just as sweet as he expected. You two pulled away however, as soon as the loud and happy whoop came from afar. You concluded that it was Demoman again.

Laughing at the random outburst, Jeremy chuckled with you. "Your friends are fun."

"Yeah.. b-but they ain't as fun as you."

"What's that supposed to mean~?"

"nN-nOTHIN' IN PARTICULAR!"