Chapter Nine: The House Party

“This place is amazing,” Leslie said following Morgan around the house where she was now living with Sergio, it had been three months since the two sisters had last seen each other like this.

Morgan nodded her head, she had only invited her sister to appease their mother and she knew that Leslie had been warned to behave; she didn’t want anything ruining this for her.

“It is,” Morgan replied smugly knowing it was nicer than anything that her sister could ever afford and she was finally living her dream; she had waited for this for years and now she finally had it, she wasn’t going to let it go.

Leslie forced a smile as she looked at her younger sister, she was wearing a black peplum dress with knot detail paired with silver heeled sandals.

“So how have you been?” Leslie asked carefully knowing that Morgan was still her sister, no matter how much of a brat she was most of the time.

The two sisters had never been close but that didn’t mean that Leslie didn’t care about her sister in anyway; they just had very different lives and were very different people.

“Busy but of course being with Sergio is worth it,” Morgan said grinning she had known that she would have to keep other women away from her man; they weren’t going to ruin this for her when she had finally gotten what she had wanted for so long.

Leslie nodded her head as she recalled all the times that she had seen her sister in the news and on the front page of a magazines.

“Oh and we were thinking about making this the baby’s room,” Morgan said excitedly leading her sister into the guest bedroom, she knew that the house only had a couple of bedrooms and she would want a bigger house sooner or later.

Leslie blinked at her sister’s words wondering if she had heard her right, she glanced down at Morgan’s stomach to check that there was no bump.

“I’m not pregnant… at least not yet,” Morgan said brushing down her tight fitting dress, she had spent a lot of time talking with Sergio about their future and they both wanted children.

Leslie sighed in relief, she wasn’t sure that her younger sister could handle being a mother and the brunette hated to think about Morgan would be like as one; she didn’t trust her to look after fish let alone a child.

“You’ve only been with the man for three months,” Leslie said with a shake of her head, she knew that she worried about her sister when she got ideas like this.

Morgan rolled her eyes as she waved Leslie off, she had known that her older sister would disapprove of what she had planned; Leslie had never been that supportive of her dreams.

“I know but I think that I’m falling in love with him,” Morgan said softly allowing a small smile to form on her lips, she knew that she would be marrying Sergio, one way or another.

***

Sergio smiled looking around the room where all his friends and family were gathered, he knew that he had an announcement to make and he couldn’t help himself when it came to Morgan.

“Okay… I want to thank you all for coming here today,” Sergio said as the room fell silent for him, he looked at all the faces that he knew and he couldn’t believe that he was actually doing this.

Sergio hadn’t told anyone what he had planned and he hoped that Morgan would be pleased with what he was about was about to do.

Leslie watched Sergio from the back of the room, she didn’t stand with her sister knowing that Morgan was loving how everyone pampered to her; she would only end up saying something to ruin her sister’s happiness.

“I wouldn’t be here today without my wonderful parents, my supportive siblings and every one of you,” Sergio said smiling at his parents, he could see tears filling his mother’s eyes; he hoped that she would be just as happy in a few minutes.

Paqui wiped a tear from her eye as she smiled at her husband knowing that they had raised a wonderful boy, she could see he had something planned and she couldn’t help but wonder what he was going to do.

“But my life changed a couple of months ago… all because of a meeting at a petrol station,” Sergio said remembering that it was because of Leslie that he had met Morgan.

Morgan looked at her boyfriend confused about where he was going with this, he hadn’t discussed this little talk with her and she didn’t like it.

“There is one question that I need to ask though,” Sergio said grinning at his girlfriend of three months, he didn’t care what anyone else thought only that he knew that this was what he wanted.

Morgan shared all the same thoughts with him about the future, she was his soul-mate and he knew he would be a fool to let her go.

Sergio carefully got to his knees and produced the gold diamond and aquamarine engagement ring that he had picked out a few days earlier.

“Morgana Alexandria Wright, will you…” Sergio began to say before the brunette launched herself at him and squealed her answer.

The room was silent for a moment as they took in that Sergio had in fact ask his girlfriend to marry him; they slowly started to clap as they moved to congratulate the couple.

Morgan grinned looking down at the engagement ring, she couldn’t believe that she finally had the ring on her finger.

Sergio smiled as his team-mates moved to congratulate them on their new engagement, he didn’t miss the look on his mother’s face as she stared at him shocked at what he had done.

Leslie sighed watching Sergio and Morgan celebrate, she knew that this was what her sister wanted but she couldn’t stay any longer to watch her make a fool of the footballer.

***

“You’re not staying to celebrate?” Paqui asked following Leslie out to the car, she was a little surprised that the brunette hadn’t gone over to her sister and congratulated her on her engagement.

Leslie sighed as she clutched at her silver embellished diamond stripe clutch and turned to look at the woman that had spoken, she didn’t recognise her and guessed her to be one of Sergio’s friends.

“No… I can’t stay and watch her make a fool out of that poor man,” Leslie said knowing that she wasn’t going to say anymore, she knew her sister would only get what was coming to her one day and she was going to enjoy it.

Paqui frowned at Leslie’s words, she had known from the moment that Morgan had been introduced to her that there was something about her; however Leslie’s words only seemed to confirm her worries.

“It was nice to meet you,” Paqui said carefully eyeing Leslie, she had a feeling that if she wanted to get to the bottom of the real Morgana Wright then Leslie was the one that she was going to have to get to know.

Leslie nodded at her and walked away to her car, completely unaware that she had only gone and confirmed Sergio’s mother’s fears about her sister that she was nothing but trouble.

Paqui watched Leslie leave, she was going to have to have a word with her youngest son about his new fiancée and see what she could dig up.