Chapter Thirty: Don't Be Afraid

"So explain this to me again, why can't anyone know?" Cheyanne asked sipping on her coffee and looking at Leslie, she didn't understand why her best friend wanted to keep things quiet when she was dating someone like Sergio. 

It had taken a while to explain to Cheyanne that they were a couple and get her to agree to keep things quiet; the last thing that the couple wanted was any more drama. 

"Because I don't want people to compare me to Morgan," Leslie replied looking to her friend, she had no idea when she would be ready to share this news but she wasn't in a hurry to do so. 

Sergio understood that Leslie wasn't ready to make things public and he liked that about her, he wanted his girlfriend to be happy and they were taking things slow. 

"And you don't want your family to find out," Cheyanne stated watching Leslie, she hated that her friend was so worried about what other people would think; she wanted Leslie to be happy and that was something that Sergio cleared made her. 

Cheyanne had never seen the hype that seemed to surround Morgan, the younger woman was nothing more than a brat and she had never been able to tolerate her; she had avoided coming around to Leslie's home if she knew Morgan was going to be there. 

Leslie sighed staring at Cheyanne, she didn't want to admit that she was a little concerned about what would happen when her family found out that she was dating Sergio. 

It was only a matter of time until they found out and Leslie knew that her father would be the only one to be supportive of her new relationship; her mother and sister would freak out when they found out and find some way to ruin this for her. 

"You shouldn't care what they think," Cheyanne murmured shaking her head, she didn't know why Leslie was so worried about what the other two women thought; she was doing nothing wrong and she was happy.

Cheyanne didn't care about the freak out that Morgan was going to have when she found out that Sergio was now dating Leslie; she was sure the brat would throw a tantrum about not getting her own way. 

"You like Sergio right?" Cheyanne asked setting her drink down and staring at Leslie, she wasn't going to let her friend mess up this relationship after all the bad dates she'd been on in the past. 

Cheyanne had seen what no one else had, how hurt Leslie had been when men tried to turn her down because she wasn't 'attractive' enough for them; it had slowly broken her friend down and she didn't want to see that happen again. 

"Of course I do," Leslie replied wondering where her friend was going with this, she peeked around the café that they were sat in and she wondered what was going to happen when everything changed. 

Leslie had been dating Sergio for three months now and she was happy with how things had been going; she wanted nothing more than for things to carry on like that. 

"Then take a chance," Cheyanne insisted with a smile, she knew that Sergio had a match that evening and she hoped that she would be able to convince Leslie to go and support Sergio. 

Leslie swallowed, she wasn't sure what Cheyanne wanted her to do and she knew that her friend wanted her to take chances; things were going well and she didn't want to do something that would jeopardise her relationship. 

"I'm sure that Sergio would love for you to be there for his match tonight," Cheyanne said smiling, she knew that sometimes Leslie just needed a little push to move forward; she wasn't going to let Leslie drag her feet when Sergio was perfect for her.

***

Leslie bounced her knee as she sat in her seat, her brown eyes fixed on the match before her and she was glad that Cheyanne had convinced her to come; she hadn't really been to see a match like this in months. 

Leslie chewed on her finger nail, she hadn't text Sergio to let him know that she was here; she was going to go and surprise him when the match was over by going down to the locker room. 

"Will you relax... you are making me nervous," Cheyanne muttered peeking at Leslie, she had come with her friend to keep her sane during the match; things were going well for Real Madrid and she was sure that it would remain that way. 

Leslie looked at Cheyanne and smiled, she was glad that one of her friends had been able to come with her to the match; David was working a late shift and Charlotte was out with her own boyfriend. 

Leslie turned her attention back to the match, she took a deep breath and focused on what was happening in the match; she was so happy that Real Madrid was winning and she was sure that Sergio would be in a very good mood when she saw him later on. 

Things had only gotten better for Sergio since he had returned to training, he was doing so well and the injury that had kept him out for nine months no longer plagued him. 

Leslie knew how much Sergio loved playing for Real Madrid, she liked seeing him this happy and she was hopeful that things were going to get better as more time past for him. 

Sergio deserved to be happy after what had happened in the past year, he had been through so much and Leslie could only imagine what he had been thinking in those dark moments were nothing seemed to be happening or getting better.

***

Iker stopped walking as he spotted Leslie waiting for Sergio, he was surprised how quiet things had been in the three months since she had been dating his best friend and he was pleased to see she was nothing like the last. 

Iker could only imagine how tense things would be when Morgan found out that Sergio had moved on with her own sister; he didn't want to be around when Morgan turned up. 

"Leslie?" Sergio asked surprised to see his girlfriend, he hadn't known that she had been planning to come to the match and he was pleased to see her; he hadn't been expecting to see her for another few days since they were both busy.

Leslie smiled nervously brushing some hair from her face, she glared at Cheyanne who pushed her forwards towards Sergio; she felt so awkward about being around the locker room after a match. 

"Hola. I wanted to surprise you," Leslie murmured as Cheyanne grinned at her from behind, she was going to kill her friend for convincing her to do this. 

Sergio smiled walking over to his girlfriend, he was glad that she had come and he knew that this made up for the fact that he hadn't seen her in a couple of days; he kissed Leslie making a couple of his team-mates whistle. 

Iker smiled watching Sergio with Leslie as they kissed, he was happy for his friend and he knew that he hadn't been this way with Morgan; there was no denying just how much Sergio loved Leslie. 

Cheyanne grinned leaning against the wall and watched Leslie, she peeked around at the hive of activity before she moved that someone was staring at her; she blushed and quickly looked away from him. 

"I am so happy you came," Sergio murmured pulling back away from Leslie, he brushed his fingers through her hair and looked down at her; it had been a lovely surprise.

 Leslie smiled at Sergio, she was glad that she had come to see him and she hoped that things would be okay.