Chapter Twenty-Nine: Quiet Times

Sergio grinned stepping into Leslie's apartment, he hadn't seen much of his girlfriend since the season had started up again but he was glad that he had the evening off so that they could spend time together. 

Sergio was doing his best to take this relationship slow, he wasn't rushing things like he had done with Morgan and he wanted to enjoy things with Leslie; they were doing so well and he liked hiding things away. 

Sergio had only told people that were close with him about his new relationship, his family was thrilled that he had moved on even if his team-mates and friends were wary about the fact he was dating Morgan's sister. 

It felt strange to Sergio that he was happily moving on with his life, he had never thought that it would be possible and he cursed himself sometimes for not dating Leslie when he had first met her. 

Morgan had never been the woman for him and she had ruined things nearly completely, it made Sergio feel sick when he thought that he had nearly married her; he was sort of glad that he had injured himself now so he could fix what he had done. 

"I brought dinner," Sergio announced smiling to himself, he headed for the kitchen and started to plate up; he knew Leslie would be just getting changed after work, they had fallen into a nice pattern in the past month. 

Sergio spent more time at his girlfriend's apartment than he did on his own home sometimes, he still found himself enjoying the rare moments that they had and he liked to think that the last three months had been good for them. 

Sergio stared to put the food on plates, he hummed to himself thinking about everything that had happened since he had gotten together with Leslie and he was happy; a lot happier than he had been with her sister. 

It felt bad to compare the two women but Sergio had done a lot of talking in the past about this with Leslie, he hated that her parents favoured her sister when they had someone as wonderful as her as well.

***

Sergio grinned sipping on his drink, he liked the fact that they could just sit at home and eat take-away and he had missed being able to relax like a normal person; it was another thing that made Sergio love Leslie. 

Morgan had always insisted on being taken out to whatever expensive fancy restaurant that caught her taste; she had always wanted to be the centre of attention and have her face on the front pages. 

"You look happy," Leslie teased messing with her dinner, it had been a long shift and she had spent the day dodging curious questions from Cheyanne. 

Leslie knew that her friend meant well, she wanted nothing more than to talk to someone about her relationship but she wasn't ready yet; she knew that she didn't want people to judge her. 

Cheyanne had been attempting to try and set Leslie up on another blind-date, she was sure she had found the right man for her this time; she was sure that this date would work out better than the last one that she had set Leslie up with. 

"Of course I am," Sergio replied setting down his drink, he pulled his girlfriend close and kissed her; he was thinking a lot about their future and he wasn't going to rush into things. 

Leslie was becoming so very important to him, Sergio didn't know what he would do when the press found out about his new relationship but it was only a matter of time. 

Sergio could only imagine what they would say about the fact that he was now dating Morgan's sister; they were sure to try and make Leslie feel bad especially with what Morgan was doing right now. 

Sergio felt angry that Morgan had been quick to move on, she had been seen out with a lot of other footballers at nightclubs in Italy and now she was dating Mario Balotelli.

Sergio deepened the kiss as Leslie buried her hands into his hair, they were happy and that was what mattered to him; he doubted that things were going to be easy when more people found out about them. 

However Sergio was determined to make things work, he didn't want to make the same mistake again and he wasn't going to be an idiot about all of this; he wanted Leslie and nothing was going to change that. 

Leslie pulled away from Sergio as his hands started to eagerly unbutton her shirt, she brushed some hair from her face as she laughed softly. 

Sergio kissed down Leslie's neck and nibbled at the exposed skin of her shoulder as her shirt came away; he loved every part of her and he wished that she could see how beautiful she truly was. 

"Maybe we should take this to my bedroom," Leslie whispered knowing that this would be better off there than on her couch; the thing was too small for what they had planned. 

Leslie got to her feet and took Sergio's hand before leading him from the living room into her bedroom, she chewed on her lip glad that Sergio wouldn't have training until late tomorrow afternoon. 

It meant the couple didn't have to rush and that was something that Leslie didn't want to do, she missed Sergio when she didn't get to see him; he was busy traveling for matches and she had work at different hours at the hospital. 

Sergio kicked the bedroom door shut behind him before resting a hand on Leslie's hips and slowly backing her towards her bed; he wasn't surprised at how tidy her bedroom was, she liked to keep it that way if she knew that he was coming around to see her. 

Sergio kissed Leslie as her legs hit the edge of the bed forcing the couple to stop, they had all the time in the world and neither of them where in any rush right now.

***

Leslie brushed some hair from her face as she climbed out of bed and pulled on Sergio's white shirt, she quietly padded out of her bedroom to answer the front door; she didn't know who it could be but she hoped it wasn't her mother. 

Leslie hurried to answer the door and paused at the sight of Cheyanne, she was a little relieved it was just her; she didn't want to have to deal with Janice who was sure to come back when people found out that she was dating Sergio. 

"I have the perfect blind date for you," Cheyanne announced stepping into her friend's apartment, she wasn't going to let Leslie sit around and mope while Morgan was off flirting with another footballer that she didn't deserve in anyway. 

Cheyanne was determined to see that her best friend happy, she knew that the right man was out there waiting for her and she just had to be more out-going to find him; she was sure that he was close. 

Leslie hurried after Cheyanne, she didn't want her friend to find out this way that she was dating Sergio; she opened and closed her mouth as Cheyanne continued to talk about the man that she had found for her. 

It was at that moment that a very naked Sergio wandered out of the bedroom making the two women stop and stare at him; Cheyanne's jaw dropped as she squeaked in surprise at the sight of the footballer. 

"Hola," Sergio greeted moving quickly to cover himself up, he stared at the brunette not quite sure who she was but he guessed that she was a friend of Leslie's if she was in the apartment. 

"Well this is interesting," Cheyanne said finding her voice before she turned to Leslie, who had some explaining to do.