LXXV

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 | The Three-Eyed Raven

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕿he aftermath of the battle had felt like a dream. Lyra could barely remember walking back into Winterfell, or sitting down in the hall to have her injuries cleared. The only thing she did remember was Tylar barrelling into her side, laughing and clutching onto her. That was when she broke down and cried. It only got worse when she found her wolf but it was over and they'd won.

But it wasn't without losses. Too many losses.

The piles of bodies were stacked on pyres, waiting to be burnt, as the remainder of the soldiers gathered around, faces downtrodden. On the closest wooden pyre, she could see a familiar face. 

Bran had died during the fight, having managed to hold the Night King still and contain him so that Arya and Jon could kill him. He'd died shortly afterwards, long before any of the remainders of his siblings could reach him. Lyra wanted to cry, but she had shed far too many tears already.

Her brothers and sisters stood by her side. Most were silent, holding onto their children tightly as they looked out across the sea of dead bodies. Sansa stood to Lyra's right, clutching her hand as Tylar and Jaime hovered behind her.

Robb stepped forward, his eyes rimmed red as he looked up to speak to the masses.

"We're here to say goodbye to our brother and sisters, our fathers and mothers. To our friends." Robb looked down as his voice cracked, and he took a deep breath before continuing. "To those who set aside their differences to fight and die together, so that others may live. We owe them a debt that can never be repaid."

Eliza's lip trembled, both of her boys curling close to her side as the baby in her arm whimpered. Everyone had lost someone that they loved as no one was spared the grief. Jaime shot Lyra a cautious look, cocking his eyebrow but Lyra waved him off.

"It is our duty and our honour to keep them alive in memory for those who come after us and those who come after them, for as long as men draw breath. They were the shields that guarded the realms of men. And we shall never see their like again." Lyra bowed her head as a moment of silence swept through the crowd, before they all began to pick up large torches.

Robb stood at Bran's pyre, whilst Lyra headed over to one filled with Lannister soldiers. Everyone stopped, before they all began to chuck their torches onto the wood, watching it crackle and burn. 

Lyra looked down at the men in front of her, smiling sadly, before she retreated to her siblings side once more.

It was finally over.