VII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 | The hunt

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕿he windows from the Stark atrium provided the perfect view of the main courtyard and the hunting party that was about to set out from it. King Robert was easily discernible, from the glittering of the gold crown on his head. He was stumbling around, and Lyra came to the conclusion that the man was, once more, drunk.

Every time that the Stark girl had seen the king, he either had a mug of ale or wine in his hand, or he was already drunk. So, she normally tried to steer well clear of him.

Looking away from the staggering king, Lyra looked closer to the entrance of the keep and noticed that the remainder of the royal family was there, surrounded by the court goers. They all looked stiff, as if this was something terrible for them to experience, as they watched the king and his entourage gallop out of the gates. It was sad that they seemed so tense around those they considered friends.

Elia appeared at her side, leaning in to Lyra's side and covering her grey dress in more fur. Lyra leant down to press a kiss to the large puppy's head, giggling as Elia licked her forehead.

"Come, pup, father wants to see us," The wolf perked up, her head tilting to the side as she began to prance towards the door. Opening it, Lyra smiled over at Tylar, who was picking at his nails with a dagger. "Are you okay?"

Tylar glanced up, smiling and nodding as he sheathed the dagger.

"Of course, my Lady," Straightening up, he took to following Lyra out of the Stark residence and towards the Tower of the Hand. "I see the king left for a hunt?"

"He did," Tylar paused, a small smirk growing on his face as they walked through the central inner courtyard of the keep.

"Did your prince go with him?"

"No," Lyra raised an eyebrow at Tylar, who in some ways reminded her very much of Robb and Jon. 

"Well, are you going to be spending all afternoon with him again?" Lyra blushed, before a teasing grin grew on Tylar's face. "You are, aren't you?"

They reached the Tower of the Hand as Lyra tried to calm her blush, glaring at a snickering Tylar. It was like having her brothers with her once more, and Lyra had forgotten how annoying the teasing was.

"You're not funny,"

"No. I'm hilarious," She glared at him, grinding her teeth, before knocking on her father's door and waiting for him to call her in.