LXXIII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 |The Last Night

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕿he snow made everything silent and it was unsettling especially whilst waiting for an army of the undead to arrive. Lyra stood on the battlements, Elia curled around her waist as she toyed with the scroll in her hands. It was from Joffrey, telling her that all was well at home. Mikael was asking for her, but he was talking more and slowly coming out of his shell and Margaery and Tommas were also both fine, but causing the servants hassle. Joffrey suspected that they missed her, just as he did.

Lyra missed them all too, her hand clutching the rose around her neck as she thought of how much she wished she were home. She missed her children and Arah and Drew and most of all, she missed her husband. She would do anything to be able to curl into his arms and cling to him once more, especially after finding out the person who attempted to murder her son was lurking in the same halls.

"Lyra." The woman froze, tensing up as she turned to look behind her. Coren stood there, his hands behind his back as he rocked back and forth on his heels. "I'm-Can I sit?"

"Why?"

"Because we should talk." He ruffled his curly hair, before brushing the snow off of crate and perching opposite her. Elia opened one eyes, growling as if to remind the man that she was still there and a threat, before closing her eyes once more. "Your anger is absolutely founded and valid. If someone almost killed my daughter, I would be out for their head as well. I can't begin to imagine the fear that you must have felt at that time."

"You can't." Lyra shook her head, pulling her cloak tighter around her.

"That's why Dany, Daenerys, and I took this so seriously." Coren clasped his hands in front of him. "We wouldn't want this to happen to our daughter, and we would not wish this upon anyone's child."

"Did you find the culprit?" Lyra cut straight to the point.

"Yes." Coren nodded. "We found the culprit."

"I will take him back to King's Landing to be tried and killed after the battle. Who?" Coren kissed his teeth, before looking at her. He struggled to get his words out, looking at her with sorry eyes.

"It's someone that Dany and I have also got to deal with." He sighed. "I can not bring you justice, Lyra, but I can bring you closure. Trust that we will have him punished for this."

Lyra turned to look at the man.

"We want peace as much as you do," Coren watched her with sad eyes, before bowing his head, "and I am so sorry that someone, who we trusted, lost sight of what our main goal is and your son almost paid the price. We are both incredibly sorry."