XI

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 | A fool

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕷yra sat on Joffrey's right hand side, her face neutral as she watched Sandor Clegane throw a competitor over the top of the wall. There was a resounding clang, as the knight hit the floor, before cheers sounded and the knight walked away.

Glancing over at Sansa, she was relieved to see that the girl was okay, and only a little shaken up. In the first few weeks after their father's execution, neither one of the girls had been able to stomach seeing anyone die lest they started crying. It had gotten better over time, but Lyra still worried for her younger sisters state of mind.

The past few weeks had been a tumultuous time for the Stark girls. Arya was still no where to be found, and Robb had called the banner-men in to march South on Kings Landing. They were calling him the King in the North. Due to Robb's new found royalty, the two remaining Stark children in the Capital were under close watch from the Queen Mother herself, who was finding more interesting ways to hate them. 

A slight squeeze on Lyra's hand knocked her out of her thoughts, as she turned to look at the ever stoic king next to her. It was Joffrey's name day, that being the reason the tourney was being held, yet the eighteen year old king seemed anything but happy about it. He had one eyebrow raised, looking at everything with calculative eyes.

Ever since the pair had started trying to uncover the Lannister plans, they had found more and more strings that needed to be pulled. Their only hope was that it would all unravel smoothly, instead of turning into a mess that would take years to clean up.

"Who's next?" Joffrey sounded unamused, as he leant back in his chair and continued to watch what was going on. He had confessed, on the walk to the tourney ground, that the only reason he was even holding any celebrations was to appease his siblings. 

"Lothor Brune, freerider in the service of Lord Baelish and Ser Dontos the Red of House Hollard." A knight appeared to the steward's left, but one still did not appear. Lyra's eyes narrowed, as she tried to think back to her lessons back at Winterfell. She wasn't sure that she could remember a House Hollard. Sansa also shook her head, before the pair turned back and continued to wait for the man to make an appearance.

The steward hollered for the knight again, yet he still did not show. Joffrey was slowly tensing up beneath Lyra's touch, and she glanced over at the cold look on his face. There was a kerfuffle from behind the royal dais, and then a clanking sound, before someone called over the laughter.