LVI

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗 | Resurrected

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝖂hen Lyra woke, it was to a heavy arm thrown across her waist and Joffrey's face buried in her hair. She glanced around the room, bleary eyed, before catching sight of a letter on her dresser. Reaching out, she tried her best to reach the letter without disturbing her husband, managing to get a finger on it and tugging it towards her.

Arah must have brought it in earlier meaning that it was most likely not a letter that was meant for others eyes. Lyra opened it quickly, rubbing her tired eyes, before reading through the entire thing.

'Dear Lyra,

I hope that this letter finds you in good health and that everything is going well in King Landing. The last time I wrote to you, I told you that your brother was dead. But this letter brings better news, albeit slightly unbelievable news. Jon is alive.

None of us are sure how, it might be something to do with a Red Priestess that's here, or it might be the gods, but he's alive. I've already written to your other brother to tell him of the news...'

Her eyes widened, her breathing seeming to fail her as she read it over and over again. She didn't know what to believe, whether or not it was true at all, but she had no reason to believe that someone would lie over something this serious.

"Joff," She pushed her husband gently, trying to keep her voice quiet as she struggled to wake her husband. "Joff. Joffrey, wake up!"

"What?" He hummed, his voice deep and laced with sleep as he opened one eyes.

"Read this," He cocked an eyebrow, before taking the letter from her hand and reading through it as she rolled over to curl into his side. 

"Is this a joke?"

"No, I believe it's the truth. Jon is alive," Lyra nodded.

"My Love. People coming back from the dead is not something that happens. It's impossible," Joffrey reasoned. "I know that you want to believe that Jon is alive, but let's be a little sceptical about it all."

Lyra's shoulders drooped, a frown forming on her face.

"My Love, I just don't want you to get hurt. It pained me seeing you crying when you found out that he was dead," Joffrey put the letter down before wrapping Lyra into a tight hug and pressing a kiss to her forehead. "But if it is the truth, then that's amazing news!"

She hummed, flopping back down as Elia woke up and rolled further up the bed to lean across their legs. Joffrey ran a hand through her hair, pulling her closer.