XXII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 | Escape

{Lyra}

✧✦✧

𝕳urrying down the corridor, Lyra held Drew closer to her as Sansa continued to check passageways and stairs, to make sure no one else was coming towards them. They took the stairs two at a time, before finally reaching the entrance to the Stark atrium. Sansa slammed the door closed behind the trio, as Elia appeared, her fur standing on end, before relaxing at the sight of the trio.

Reaching up, Sansa bolted the doors, before sharing a look with her sister, both of them trying not to voice their fears in case of waking Drew up.

"The ladies have started to panic," Elia growled loudly, as Drew awoke and clung to Lyra even tighter, having been startled by the deeper voice.

"Gods above," Lyra placed a hand over her beating heart, as Sandor Clegane stepped into the light. He was bloody but all in one piece, but that did little to calm the fear that was growing in Lyra's heart as she thought of her own betrothed.

"What are you doing here?" Sansa had gravitated closer to her sister, clutching the sleeve of her dress. Drew was also curling into Lyra, his curly hair tickling her neck as he watched what was going on with wide eyes.

"Not here for long," Sandor took another sip of his drink, the smell of alcohol hitting Lyra's nostrils, causing her to furrow her eyebrows. "I'm going."

"Where?" The knight looked up at Lyra's question, watching her cautiously.

"Some place that isn't burning," He stood, towering over the two younger girls. "North might be, could be."

"What about the king?" Lyra asked, trying not to let her fear get the best of her. The not knowing whether or not someone was safe, was killing her slowly. "And Tylar?"

"He's fine on his own. The king dismissed me," Sandor took another swig of his drink as Lyra let out a sigh of relief at the thought of Joffrey being okay. "I can take you with me. Take you to Winterfell. I'll keep you safe. Do you want to go home?"

"Take her, it'll further aggravate the war if I leave as well," Lyra said, nudging Sansa forward as Drew twirled a piece of her hair around his fingers. Sansa turned to look at her sister, her eyes wide with horror at the thought of leaving Lyra alone.

"No. If I leave, there's no telling what they'll do to you in retaliation," Sansa looked over at the Hound with apologetic eyes. "I'm sorry, but I can't do that. I can't leave with you."

Lyra sighed, licking her lips, before turning to look back at the older knight.

"You should go now if you want to avoid the guards and what not," Sandor nodded at her words. "And watch out for Arya if you can."