XX

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 | Drinking

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕷yra entered Maegor's holdfast first, looking around at the other ladies of the court with narrowed eyes. She knew that most of them despised her, due to her family being supposed traitors to the crown. They probably hated that she and Sansa were being kept in with them whilst the siege carried on outside of the keep.

The bells continued to toll in the distance, the sound being a harsh reminder of the danger that they were in, as well as the call for all those living in Flea Bottom to flee to one of their designated areas of safety. Lyra took another deep breath, praying in her head for the safety of Joffrey and Tylar. 

"I don't know why she wanted the two of us here," Sansa whispered to Lyra as the Queen Regent entered the room with Tommen. "She despises you and she's always calling me stupid."

"Maybe she hates you slightly less than she hates everyone else," Shae, who was Sansa's new handmaiden, commented. Lyra shook her head, knowing that it was most likely to do with Joffrey's insistence and not his mother's.

"It's a possibility," Arah replied, gently nudging the elder Stark girl, to bring her out of her thoughts. Lyra looked over at her with narrowed eyes, before Arah nodded over at the door. Sandor Clegane had walked in, a small boy in his arms, that he deposited in front of Lyra, before storming back out once more.

"Drew?" The other three girls looked at Lyra in confusion, as she stared down at the small boy with a raised eyebrow. 

"Hello," The boy murmured, looking around at the rest of the women with round eyes. He shuffled closer to Lyra's side, as the older girl wrapped an arm around his shoulders. "Joffrey sent me here. He said it was too dangerous at the Mud Gate."

"That's true," Lyra began, slowly carding her fingers through the small boy's hair, de-tangling the brown curls as she went. "You'll be well protected in here, with us."

Drew nodded slowly, before looking over Lyra's shoulder at Joffrey's younger brother, who was watching him in confusion. The boy tugged on Lyra's hair, gently, bringing her down to his level as he started to whisper in her ear.

"Who are they?" Lyra hid a smile, before looking around and starting to point everyone out.

"Well, the other boy's name is Tommen. He's Joffrey's younger brother and that's Joffrey's mother sitting beside him," Drew pulled a face, before nodding.

"She's the one you don't like," Arah hid a chuckle beside Lyra, as the girl hushed the small boy, but nodded all the same.

"The woman sitting next to us is called Arah, she's a good friend of mine," Lyra motioned to Arah, as Drew nodded and waved. "Then, Shae is next to her, and the auburn haired girl is my sister, Sansa."