LI

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 | Fables

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕾leeping in was a rarity not often allowed for the rulers of a country and especially not for new parents. Thus any chance that Joffrey and Lyra got to stay in bed with one another, and their son, was one that they took readily.

Warm sunlight filtered through the curtain and across Lyra's back, as the woman woke up slowly. The heat of King's Landing could already be felt, and if Lyra focussed her eyes enough to the outside world then she could see the port already teeming with ships far below her. 

Joffrey's arm was across her waist, and Lyra took that moment to interlock their fingers together and trace the scars that were faded silver against his skin. At the bottom of their bed, Elia lay stretched out, her head resting on Lyra's foot as the woman smiled at the sight of her wolf. 

"Morning, My Love," Joffrey's voice was soft, barely disturbing the peace that came with late morning sunshine. Lyra felt him yawn, looking over her shoulder as he let his forehead rest against hers.

"Are you tired still?"

"No, I had a good nights sleep," Lyra leant further into him, closing her eyes once more as they cherished their time together. "Do you want me to get Mikael?"

"Is he awake?"

"I think so," They both fell quiet again, trying to listen for any sound of stirring from their son from the room next to theirs. Lyra couldn't hear anything, so she woke Elia up gently. The wolf snarled, though there was little aggression behind the gesture, and opened one amber eye. 

"Is Mikael up?" The wolf perked up at the word 'Mikael', lifting her head and tilting it. There was another beat of silence, before Elia stood up and stretched, padding to the door that connected to the nursery and scratched against it. "Good girl."

Lyra wriggled free of Joffrey's grip, causing her husband to groan, and threw a piece of dried meat to her wolf. Elia chomped it down happily, before waiting for Lyra to open the door. As soon as she did, the direwolf ran for the crib and poked her head over the top of it to blow air onto the tiny baby. Mikael giggled.

Lyra laughed, before leaning on the edge of the crib to stare down at her little boy. Over the weeks, the hair on his head had started to appear, the colour a pale blond like Joffrey's, though his eyes seemed to be turning more Stark grey than Lannister green or blue. 

"There's my little pup. Did you sleep well?" Mikael gurgled, somehow having worked out how to get his hands free from his wrap, and flailing them around. "You did? That's my good boy."