TGC Book 2 Chapter 26

Book 2 Chapter 26

<<< Black Wolf >>>

Black Wolf Hospital

All 13 doctors were busy seeing patients. Dr. O'Doherty laughed as the other doctors snuck in for a cup of coffee at the same time as he did. "We haven't been this busy since the Sickness was in full swing." Aristides laughed. "You have to admit it's a lot more pleasant giving survivors their checkups before they're sent to Pepepski or remaining here than the death toll we were seeing with the Sickness. Not to change the subject but does anyone have any messed up marks?" Jules nodded. "I got a few with some bleeding but the right number and shape. They were all in kids and as we've seen their marks shape up slower than an adult's marks. No clue why but they do."

"Might have something to do with them being young. Their bodies aren't fully developed yet." How are we coming on the brain scans?" Jules sighed. "No matter the subject the results are the same. We're using more of our brains than before. What this means for the human race I have no idea. I'm not talking about just one area of the brain either. Every portion of the brain has been affected.." Clinton nodded. "Let's get the report together and sent it to Colonel Malone. He'll pass it on to those that need to know."

Jacob snuck into the room. "Coffee! You guys need to share better! I have to start another pot." Clinton snickered. "Just revenge for you and the other nurses keeping us so busy today. Have your evil minds decided we get a lunch break?" Jacob nodded as he scooped the coffee into the basket. "We need a bigger pot over here. Wonder who I have to jump to get one." Wilf smiled. "The cafeteria has like five of them down there. I'd ask one of the workers to snitch one and drag it up here." Jacob smiled. "Never even thought of there. Thanks. I think they have the cafeteria half shut down today for a cleaning. All they have available today is sandwiches and stuff so pickings are slim."

Clinton laughed. "Sandwiches are better than nothing. Remember vending machine food?" Everyone groaned. Wilf giggled. "We called the one where I worked the mold dispenser." Jacob nodded and laughed. "Ours was covered in dents from people having to knock it around to get their food to fall in the slot." Dr. Goldman looked at the ceiling. "Think there's a takeout restaurant in this town still functioning?" Clinton shook his head. "Fast food went the way of the dodo Issac. Didn't you get the memo?" Issac snickered. "I prefer the news on TV. The local station has that blonde girl on there. The news can be shit and just looking at her makes it better. "Jacob smacked his mate on the shoulder. "No more evening news for you lover. I was unaware a pair of tits could make your day better. It seems I'm losing your interest if that is happening." Issac grabbed Jacob's butt and began kneading it. "Don't be like that lover. You know I love only you and I'll prove it to you tonight."Jacob sighed and leaned over the counter further to give Issac better access.

"Geeze you two, get a room. My lover isn't here to do that with you know. "Issac laughed and patted his lovers behind. Jacob sighed and pushed the brew button on the pot. Clinton laughed. "Okay men, finish your coffee and back to work. The doctors collectively groaned. "Hey, any time one of you wants my job as head doctor over here feel free to take the job. I'll warn you the paperwork is hell. The computer has a glitch in it and there's no bonus package." The men laughed at him and gave him the finger. "Does anybody know how many people came in today?" "Well, we had 31 separate groups come in today. 553 people all total. Of those about 100 are children." Issac smiled."That's our largest group of survivors so far." Clinton nodded."These groups cover survivors from other counties. The only ones from ours are the kids that were pulled in today by the patrols in Black Wolf. I heard a group got to Pepepski today but they're from other areas as well."