TGC Book 2 Chapter 22

Book 2 Chapter 22

New Post

Blair shifted in the desk chair. Flemming's office was a mess. "Don't move that! What do you think you are doing?! Pastor Flemming will be so mad that you are in here!" Blair shook his head. "Pastor Robert, Pastor Flemming is no longer in charge here. He is stricken with madness. You were his assistant! You knew every move he made! Why was I not informed of these things by you?" Pastor Robert Doyle flinched. "I just did what he told me. I didn't question his orders. That's what a good follower does."

Blair sighed and stood up placing his hands on the desk. "By chance do you even know who or what you are following?" Doyle nodded. "I am following the true path to God!" Blair nodded. "Who leads you on that path to God?" Doyle smiled. "Pastor Flemming leads us by your orders Chosen One." Blair couldn't help the sarcasm in his voice. "Well since he led by my orders, don't you think it would be prudent to let me know something was wrong with him?" Doyle tilted his head. "I don't understand Chosen One, how could there be anything wrong if you appointed him?"

Blair crossed his eyes and groaned in frustration. Pastor George Robins stepped up to the desk. "I'm sorry Chosen One, Pastor Flemming was the only one allowed to use any outside communications. He even did the morning check-in himself every morning. No one has access to the radio but him. All phones were confiscated as tools of the devil since you can play games on them. We had no way of contacting you." Blair groaned. "That's not how things should be! He wasn't following my orders! Blair lowered himself into the desk chair.

Captain Brooklynn shook his head at the blind obedience of the people in New Post. Everyone's marks had been checked. There were 2 women with a little bleeding in their marks that would have to be watched just in case but things could have been a lot worse. Of the four pastors, George Robins and Christian Jowls seemed the best of the bunch. George had been sent to New Post by Pastor Blair to keep an eye on things for him but with no way to contact Blair he had no way to tell Blair what was going on. Christian had admitted to being the one to see that the four boys survived their abandonment by Flemming. Blair had his work cut out for him to straighten out this mess.

<<< Black Wolf >>>

Berkman Hotel

Roger stretched and bumped into a few extra bodies in the bed with him and Ryan. All five of the boys were in bed with them. The smallest two were between them and the other three were at the foot of the bed. He carefully crawled out of the bed and headed to the bathroom. Paris dashed in and joined him at the bowl. Paris blushed "Sorry, couldn't hold it." Roger laughed. "Nothing to be embarrassed about son. We're all males and have the same bits and pieces." His eldest son sighed. "But mine is smaller than yours." Roger chuckled as he washed his hands. "Your tackle grows as you grow. You've got the right size for your body as it is now. You'll hit puberty like everybody does and you look down there and suddenly you're bigger." Paris frowned. "Promise?" Roger nodded and hugged his son. "Promise." "What do you say we sneak in the kitchen and get some coffee? Paris made a face and stuck out his tongue. Roger laughed. "Okay then, coffee for me and juice for you." Paris smiled and followed his papa into the kitchenette.

A few minutes later Roger heard the toilet flush and his other four sons skidded into the kitchenette. "Let me guess, the four of you smelled the juice I was pouring for Paris." The boys giggled as Roger poured them each a tall glass of juice. "Where's Daddy?" Saul giggled. "Daddy is snoring!" Roger smiled. "Daddy is going to be tired more. So we need to let him get his sleep, okay?" Roger smiled as five little heads bobbed up and down. "Now who wants a Pop-Tart to stave off starvation till breakfast at HQ?"

<<< HQ Mess Hall >>>

Private Rich Wood set his tray on the table and sat down. "So what's on the list of to-dos for today Sargent Dad?" Sargent Daniel Williams smiled at Rich's sass this early in the morning. "We get to be part of the welcome wagon for the incoming today. Looks like we got plenty of groups checking in today so it's going to get crowded. There's going to be kids in the mix so we gotta make sure to keep an eye on the little buggers. We lose one and our asses are on the line.