The Gathering of the Clans Book 2 Chapter 7

Book 2 Chapter 7

<<< Pepepski >>>

HQ

General Mathias Stenhouse and Colonel Keir Gilbert of the Army were pleasantly buzzed. Colonel Williams had called for something a little stronger after the General fainted halfway through the update. Williams had asked Aledrin to confirm that what he was saying to Mathias was true. Aledrin had walked through the wall, waved at the general, and said hi to him in his mind, then returned to his willow tree. "And you say his children are playing in that beautiful garden attached to the house." "That they are General. The children find the plants to be refreshing, better than the ones outside. Ian gave Aledrin permission to let the children play inside."

"I can't believe you let a civilian make the first contact." Williams laughed. "I had little choice in the situation. Ian was the person Aledrin wanted to talk to not me." "But you just let them in. They could be hostile." "They haven't been and we do nothing to antagonize them." "Do you believe what they said about the release of the Sickness is true?" "The scientists are still researching the subject. The evidence supports the scenario so far." "What are their numbers?" William shrugged. "No clue. I don't believe Ian has asked those questions."

"I'll write him a list of questions to ask. We need to know what we are dealing with and how far spread they are." "They could have planned this as an invasion. The evidence supports that scenario as well. Wipe out the dominant life forms with the Sickness and claim the planet as their own." Williams nodded. "If they did, it certainly worked." Mathias took a large gulp of the fine brandy in his glass. "I'll say it worked. This 'conversion' occurring of every living thing on the planet, any proof of that occurring?"Williams smiled. "Well, the males here are getting pregnant if you want to call that proof." Mathias laid his head on the table. "I'm not drunk enough to blame this on the booze."

The general had insisted on being present for the tests Rod was getting. He insisted on seeing the blue mark indicating pregnancy. Rod was so embarrassed he started crying again. "General if you're going to be so rude you can leave the room!" "Son, I'm a General and I will be wherever I please. You got that civilian!" Dan was pissed. "I am not your son and contrary to your beliefs, you don't run things here! You're making my mate cry at what should be the miracle of our lives. Behave yourself or leave the room!!"

Mathias remembered Williams's briefing, looked over at Rod's tear-streaked face, and relented. Dan kissed Rod and helped him onto the bed. Zackarias smiled. Relax Rod, your line indicates your pregnancy isn't as far along as Kyle's. So we may not get much of a picture but we should get a heartbeat. Zacharias ran the probe over Rod. It took a while but he finally located the heartbeat. Rod smiled. "I'm really pregnant with Dan's child!" Dan puffed up in pride. He'd knocked his mate up." Rod giggled at Dan's face. "Well, aren't you happy?" Dan nodded and grinned. "My mate is carrying our child. How could I not be happy." Rod groaned. "I wonder if all the morning sickness and cravings and stuff will happen like a female's pregnancy." Dan laughed while Rod stuck out his tongue at his lover.

Little Parlor

Ivory couldn't wait. She was finally going to meet her father. All of her sisters knew their fathers. They even got to go see them on school breaks and such, but never her. Her mother refused to give her any information about him. Then one night, when she was in high school and her sisters were away with their fathers her mother had gotten really drunk and spilled the beans. She knew the man's name was Barry, her mother had not told him about her, because she had been divorced as soon as he sobered up. Ivory smiled. He also preferred men to women. Her mother had complained quite bitterly about it.