TGC Book 2 Chapter 24

Book 2 Chapter 24

<<< Pepepski >>>

Swanhue Hospital

The groups from Friendship and Avon were settling in. The men Black Wolf had sent to help the two towns stopped for food and headed back to Black Wolf. Keir hugged Aaron tightly. "I know you had to go but I missed you so much. Joshua kept asking for his daddy and I kept telling him you had to finish your doctor's work before you could come home." Joshua came bouncing into the room and squeezed between his Papa and his Daddy. "Dadee! Ma Dadee!" Aaron laughed and pulled the boy up into his arms. "Yes, angel Daddy is finally home and I missed you so much."

Aaron leered over Joshua's shoulder at Keir. "I missed you too lover." Keir blushed and smiled. Keir took Joshua as Jax came sliding into the room heading straight for Aaron. Jax skidded to a stop and jumped up putting his front paws on Aaron's shoulders knocking him back and began to clean his face with his tongue. "Dammit, Jax! That tongue of yours is like a squeegee. My face was already (URGH) Not in the mouth you mutt!" Joshua laughed. "Good dogee! Get Dadee!" "Don't (URGH) encourage him, Joshua! Down Jax! Down boy. I missed you too you big beggar. Did you behave for Keir?" Jax woofed and head-butted Aaron in the chin.

Doc Ater laughed. "It's good to be home. I got my two boys tucked in. One minute they're full of piss and vinegar and the next they're passed out. Oh to be young." Rod laughed then clutched his bruised throat. He was healing fast but it still hurt. The bruising was almost totally gone there was just some soreness left. Arthur giggled at their antics. His newborn son Peers slept right through it. Doc Ater walked over and looked at the baby. "Sorry about Nicole Arthur, but you have a beautiful son." Arthur smiled. "He's such a perfect little boy. I thought I'd never want to be a father but as Nicole's pregnancy progressed I thought more and more about what type of father he would want. I hope I can be a good one."

Doc Ater nodded. "A good way to think of parenthood, Arthur." Arthur yawned and rubbed his eyes. God help him he was tired after all the mess with Nicole going mad from the Sickness. Ater patted his shoulder. "So it's just the two of you in that big house now, am I right?" Arthur nodded. "I don't want you to take this wrong Arthur but I'd like you and your son to stay here for a few days." Arthur's head snapped up. "Why what's wrong with Peers?" Ater rubbed Arthur's shoulder. "Nicole had you at her beck and call day and night with her demands, Arthur. Newborns wake every two hours needing to be changed and fed. You're already sleep-deprived. You need rest and help taking care of him. I don't like the idea of you two in that big house alone."

Arthur sighed. "I hired a live-in nanny but she never arrived due to the Sickness." Arthur teared up. "I know I need help but who would be willing?" Ater sat down. "What about having some people move in with you? Most people are moving in together so they can support each other. Some are family groups but others are people that came from the same town." Arthur frowned. "I wouldn't mind having some others in the house. It gets awful quiet and I hate racketing around in there. The big house was her idea. She wanted to entertain guests and the like. Who do you suggest? I have no living family and the Sickness took almost everyone I know." Corporal Anton Porter was helping himself to a fresh cup of coffee.

"You live on Poplar Cul-De-Sac right Arthur?" Arthur nodded. "I think we're thin on Army presence in your area. Would you be averse to sharing your house with some of the military being relocated here? Most of those being relocated here have a family with them. It would give you added protection and people to help you with Peers." Arthur smiled. "Added protection like if sick animals come around and things?" Anton nodded. "We're trying to assign each cul-de-sac a military group that can respond to emergencies. You'd be of help to them as well. If they get called out, you're one more person in the house to help with their families as well." Arthur looked over at Ater and Ater smiled. "Sounds like a good deal for you Arthur look at me, My boys and I live above the hospital and we have Collin's group on this cul-de-sac for fast response as well as Dan and Mason's people too." Arthur smiled. "I like the idea. So who do I see about this?" Anton laughed. "Let's talk to my boss and see what we can set up for you."