Three: Sounds Italian

I was about to head inside when Caroline stood up.

"Well, we can't leave looking like this."

"Help me out here," I said to Caroline, "I don't follow." She looks fine to me, well more than fine...

"What she means," Sofia flicked her black hair over her shoulder, "is that we can't leave Monaco in last night's dresses."

Can all girls read each other's minds or is it just these two?

"For what it's worth," Liam said, "I think you both look great. Plus the only people who would know you wore those dresses last night are on this yacht."

I nodded. Liam gets it.

Sofia walked over to Liam and ran the back of her hand along his face, making him blush. "Thanks, but that's such a guy thing to say."

"Okay," I shrugged, "then you guys can go buy something."

"We could," Caroline said, "except nothing's going to be open for another hour."

I ran my fingers through my hair as I tried to come up with a solution. Everyone else on the deck had the same thinking look on their face. My heart started to sink as I was drawing a blank.

We really don't have time for this.

"We could just run over to your house, Belle," Caroline said. "I'm sure we could find something in your extensive closet."

"And risk getting seen by my neighbours? Don't think so. But that does give me an idea."

A few minutes after hopping into my dad's Mercedes, we pulled up in front of Sofia's mom's boutique. The white awning that hung over the large glass window said: Casa di Mantovani in elegant gold letters.

Sofia waved in front of the tall glass doors until a girl who looked like a model came and let us inside.

"Bonjour, Margot," Sofia smiled. "My mother left a few dresses for me in the back-"

"Oh, yes, bien sûr," Margot said before Sofia could finish.

Margot's heels echoed across the white tile floor, as she led us through the store. On the way, we passed dozens of mannequins dressed in Mrs. Mantovani's lavish designs.

The girls had us sit on a white leather ottoman outside the dressing rooms while we waited for them. Ten minutes later, Sofia said, "Are you guys ready?"

"Hold on," Liam replied, "I made a runway playlist for you guys-and go!" he added before pressing play on his phone.

As soon as the opening beats of Magic by Robin Thicke started playing, Sofia came strutting out from behind the dressing room doors. She was wearing a short black dress with thin straps. Liam whistled as she finished her walk by flicking her hair and striking a pose.

When Caroline stepped out, my heart stopped for a solid minute. I swear. Her strides were more graceful than Sofia's as she made her way out. She wore a pale blue dress in the same style as Sofia's. That colour really made her eyes stand out. She had also put on some red lipstick, making those delicate lips more tempting than before.

"What?" Caroline asked.

I hadn't even realised I was standing when she walked up to me. I could feel a grin on my face as I looked down into those eyes that made stars look dim.

"Nothing," I managed as calmly as I could, "you look good."

She smiled. "Thanks."

"Ready?"