Not an ordinary human

Author's note: Hey, everyone! Thank you all who have been reading my story, voting, and/or commenting! For this chapter, I recommend listening to the song "Skyfall", by Adele. Please leave your vote and comment if you are liking my story! I love feedback! Just don't forget to not comment on mistakes, send me a private message instead. Thanks again and enjoy!

Chapter 4: Not an ordinary human

On that same day, Jane and Loki shopped some clothes together, since he had to look as human as possible while living on Midgard... and avoid getting smelly, of course. She bought him five new sets of clothes, including two pajamas and some pairs of shoes. They had some fun while shopping together despite having been hard to convince the god to appreciate Midgardian male apparel. In that afternoon, Jane felt like she was getting to know Loki for real, and that made her feel very joyful. She hated misjudging people, and it was surprisingly satisfying to know that the trickster had so much in common with her. The problem was that, along with happiness, Jane was feeling a little bit of regret.

It was ten past midnight, and Loki had been asleep for half an hour. Meanwhile, Jane was with her bedroom door closed and almost ready for her appointment. She was wearing casual human clothes so that if he saw her leaving would not suspect who she really was. Feeling significantly nervous, as if a hand was smashing her throat from the inside, Jane walked slowly down the stairs, left her home and went two blocks away from the house. Before doing anything, Jane looked to all sides, worried. Her biggest doubt was impossible to be solved at that time: was Loki lying to her with all that "disdained brother" talking, or was he actually opening up to her?

- Take me to New Asgard. – Right after she said that a rainbowed light surrounded her body and pulled her up with massive speed. During transportation, the woman wondered if she was making a mistake by agreeing to do what she was doing. "Are you going crazy, Jane? You shouldn't believe a word Loki says. Focus!" Jane thought, angry at herself and making an effort to see reason... Was it really reason? She was not quite sure.

In a couple of seconds, Jane arrived in New Asgard. She was inside a rounded and silver fortress where the new gatekeeper stayed. No one knew the name of the new gatekeeper, who was chosen by the new queen, because it was very long. After saying hello to the woman who guarded the Bifrost, Jane walked to the royal palace to meet the queen: Brunnhilde, better known as Valkyrie. The monarch had a slightly dark skin tone, dark-brown eyes, and curly black hair.

The palace was the largest and most beautiful construction of New Asgard, had a medieval mixed with modern architecture, and was silver on the outside.

Still feeling nervous and like a backstabber, Jane entered the castle and walked towards Valkyrie, who was sitting on the light-blue throne. The floor of the throne room looked like a night sky because it was dark blue with shiny white dots in it, and Jane loved it. On that day, the monarch was wearing a red female suit, black high heels, a light makeup, and her hair was tied up. Once she saw Jane arrive, she made a signal to the four guards to leave. The scientist took a deep breath, made a reverence, and said:

- I bring good news, Your Majesty. – At the same moment, Valkyrie got up from her throne and started walking slowly in Jane's direction, making her more stressed than she already was. The warrior analyzed her from head to toes, smiled, and answered:

- Welcome back. I see that you aren't wearing your Valkyrie uniform during the mission, as I asked you to, so thank you for listening to me. – Jane got relieved by not receiving any critics from her master because Brunnhilde could be very harsh with people when she wanted to. The human bit her lower lip, insecure about her mission.

- I came to tell you that 2012 Loki took the "room rent" bait yesterday, and I'm now gaining his trust. – She felt like a knife was stabbing her in the chest after saying those words. Jane only agreed to do that assignment because she always thought that Loki was just a criminal who deserved punishment... but that was starting to change.