No talking? Not really

Author's note: Welcome back, readers. For the reading of this chapter, I recommend listening to the song "Catch My Breath", by Kelly Clarkson. I believe it relates a lot to the dialog that takes place here. Thank you again for reading my story! if you are enjoying it please leave your vote and comment!

Chapter 3: No talking? Not really

Despite being very worried about having traveled to the future, Loki slept in his new and modern bedroom. He woke up at 8 p.m with a weird noise. The Asgardian kept the Tesseract, which was inside one of the dresser's drawers, back on his pocket, created the illusion that his pocket was empty, left his sunglasses and cap over a nightstand and fixed the human clothes that he was wearing since the previous day. The trickster felt like he had reborn after that peaceful night of sleep and was looking forward to seeing Jane again, so he ran to the first floor of the house. "The more I talk to her, the more I will know about this reality I am stuck on! Besides, she is very intriguing for a Midgardian.", Loki thought while crossing the living room to get to the kitchen. When he arrived, he saw a plate of some pancakes with honey over it and a glass of cold milk.

- Will you eat your breakfast or not? – Jane asked, sounding a little angry. Loki could not see her, so he frowned, turned back slowly, and came across her in the living room. She was wearing her Star Wars pajamas, with her hair tied up, and organizing some books that were on the floor, which made the noise that woke up Loki. She was also wearing her fluffy pink slippers. He approached her, looked at the plate, then at her, and said:

- Are you trying to poison me? Because I will not fall on this trap. – Loki affirmed, annoyed with the situation. Jane got surprised by the accusation since she was just trying to be helpful. She wanted to punch him in the face at that moment. Since she was on her knees while working, the scientist got up off the floor, crossed her arms, and shouted:

- Excuse me?! If you say stupid things like that again, I swear I'll kick you out! – He laughed and took a step back, somewhat scared. Loki admired Jane for talking to him like that because nobody ever did that. She was way bolder and fearless than he thought. "What a jerk!", Jane thought, very angry at Thor's brother.

- All right! I'm sorry. It's just that I'm not used to people being kind to me. Most people just ignore me or say something offensive... and I don't blame them. – Loki explained, biting his lip subtly and with his head down. The effect of the mind stone had completely faded, and now he felt terrible for what he had done in New York. Although he still carried the Tesseract on his clothes, it did not have the same effect because it was without the scepter.

"Is he tricking me, or is that the truth? Because I know Loki liked to fool people, but this doesn't seem like a lie to me.", Jane thought, intrigued. The woman felt bad for him and wanted to hug him, however, since she did not know for sure whether that was a lie or not, she did nothing to help him feel better. That time the god of mischief was not lying; he actually never had any person in his life that was so kind to him.

- I'm not like most people. You can eat your poison-less meal. – she said, trying to hold a smile and going back to organizing her books. Loki rolled his eyes, sat on one of the brown counter chairs, and started eating. He observed Jane constantly as if he was trying to read her mind. The god had not been so curious about someone for a long time. Besides, she was beautiful despite being without makeup and wearing pajamas.

Two minutes passed, and Jane realized that Loki would not stop looking at her. He appeared to be hypnotized, which scared her a bit. Confused with his intentions, she finished keeping the last books inside a wooden chest and said, in a loud tone:

- Loki, you are invading my private space by staring at me! Stop! Why are you doing that? – Loki was surprised that Jane reprehended him; he could swear that she would never notice what he was doing. He got mad at himself by realizing that he was not discrete enough. The last thing the god of mischief wanted was to scare Jane off.