Chapter 29

Author's Note: If you have any writing tips, please feel free to comment.

Again, I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills as a writer.

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 29

The day has come and Williams was seated while two women were beautifying her for the wedding. The wedding and the reception were going to take place at the 'Paradiso' Hotel located on the outskirts of New York. She looked around the bridal suite and saw her maid of honor talking on the phone to check if everything was in place. She would not have done this without Lisa and the others. She upheld her job as a maid of honor. Her bridesmaids, Collins and Red did an amazing job to keep everything under control. They looked absolutely astounding in their one shoulder, floor-length, navy blue chiffon dress. The pearl earrings and necklaces completed the look. Their hair was neatly tucked in a soft bun on the side.

"Ok ladies," started Malloy, "Operation Tie the Knot is a go. What's the ETA on the hair and makeup?"

The hairdresser and the makeup artist stared at her with their mouth gaped open.

"How long will it take to finish?" muttered Williams.

"Oh! Approximately fifteen minutes on my end" said the hairdresser.

"And ten on mine."

"Excellent, we're on time," said Malloy pleased.

"Lisa, calm down everything is going to be fine," said Tamara.

"Sis, you look magnificent," gasped Williams.

She was wearing a lovely fuchsia, satin dress with baby pink beading on her straps. The dress hugged her body and the gown flowed to the floor. It popped out her dark complexion and her lovely deep brown eyes.

"Agreed. You look incredible Tam," winked Malloy. "Excuse me for one second."

She grabbed her clutch bag and went into the hallway. She inhaled deeply trying to keep calm. This was not her first experience at a wedding. Yet, she forgot how stressful it was to keep everything progressing smoothly to avoid hysterical episodes from the bride or relatives.

She opened her clutch bag and took out the black, leather wallet. She observed the CIA badge for the millionth time. She carried it with her every time she went out. Two months had passed from the small meet she had with Nielson and nobody from the Agency had contacted her since. She was still torn between going back and refusing.

"Nice badge."

She jolted and spun around clutching her heart.

"MacTavish! You scared me!"

MacTavish looked elegant in formal attire. His Mohawk, however, did not really blend in with the rest of the outfit.

"Nice bowtie."

"You went back to the CIA?" he inquired.

"That is none of your business."

"You're doing a grave mistake," he said grimly.

"And you should mind your own business," she hissed.

His eyes bore into hers making her feel uneasy. What did he know about the CIA anyway? He only said that to annoy her.

"Anyway, what do you want?"

"I came to check if everything's ok and to inform you that we are ready."

"Charlene still needs to get ready with hair and makeup. I think that we'll be fine in about twenty-five minutes."

"We're making good time," he smiled, "you look great by the way."