12

-Time skip-

-The next day-

You wake up to the sound of footsteps and open your eyes slowly. You sit up and see that you were sleeping in your arms and the cat was sleeping next to you. 

You stretch and glance over to see Jack standing there. "Why'd you sleep on the floor?" He whispers, sounding worried. You didn't mean to fall asleep there. 

He crouches down and you lean on him. "You're so cold, come on. There's a fireplace upstairs." He says and you stand up slowly as the cat stretches and follows. You were tired, you didn't sleep well because of nightmares again.

He could tell you didn't feel good, physically. "Sorry, we left you down here last night." He says. You yawn and shake your head. "It not your fault, I didn't go upstairs because I was too scared." You respond. 

He walks up the stairs and you follow. He points for you to go to the couch so you did. You sat down and he threw a blanket at you, to which you laughed at him for. You wrap yourself in the warm blanket and stare at the fireplace. 

He pushes you over and you look at him weirdly. "Sleep." He says demandingly. Your new friend jumps up next to you on the couch and pats at you to do as Jack says. You lay down and rest your head on the armrest as you set the blanket on yourself and the cat lays on the blanket around your feet. 

You fall asleep almost immediately but never go into a deep sleep, more of a sleep paralysis type of thing. You could hear footsteps and whispers but never what they said.

You finally fall asleep to the feeling of the cat kneading on the blanket.