9

-???? later-

(You don't remember anything because your dad hit you in the Frontal lobe which is the part of your brain where you remember things.)

You wake up with a headache and open your eyes to see a bright light. You make a soft noise of discomfort from the light and close your eyes again. You hear light footsteps and the lights are dimmed a little. "Sorry about that." You hear a voice say quietly. 

You open your eyes again. You sit up carefully and notice you were on a gray bed. You see an unfamiliar blue mask. You raise your arms, ready to defend yourself if needed. "I'm not going to hurt you, my name is EJ but you can call me Jack if that's easier to remember for you." He says almost happy and rushed.

You nod slowly. You look around and notice that you had bandages wrapped around your wrists and ankles. You went to take off the bandage but Jack grabs your arm carefully, his hand was cold. "Let yourself heal a bit before you mess with it,"

You could tell he felt bad for you, almost like he knew you at some point.

"You've been here a few days." He says. You were so confused at the moment. 

You hear a big bang and jump a little. He looks to the window and looks back to you as if he was mad at the weather for startling you. 

"Do you want to listen to the rain?" He says and motions to the window. You nod slowly, not understanding where you were and who this stranger was.

He walks over to the window and lifts the blinds to see a gray sky. You hear the lock on the window click and the window is slid up. There was a mesh screen separating you from the outside. 

You could hear the loud rain that drizzled off the roof and into the small puddle that seemed to be forming.

You felt your body relax a bit as you breathe in the humid air.

He nods to you as you look out into the tree line. It was foggy. "Y/N," He says an unfamiliar name. You turn to him. "Who's that?" You ask. He looks like his shoulders slump a little and you hear a sad sigh.

He crouches next to you and looks at your face as you stare at his mask. "Your name is Y/N L/N." He says and brushes some hair away from your eyes. "There will be someone coming over to help me later today so if you need anything you can go to him as well."

You nod slowly again. "You can call him Dr. Smiley or Smiley."

He played with your hair a bit, it was strangely comforting. "He'll be here in a few hours. Do you want to wait in here or go to the living room?" He asks. 

You know what your answer was before he even finished. "Here." You say and turn back to the window to stare at the tree line. Jack nods and stands up. "I'll be back in a few moments." He says and disappears behind a door as the sound of footsteps disappears. 

You sit there for a few seconds in peace until you hear a phone ring down the hall. The ringing quickly stops and you hear Jack start talking.

You pay no mind as you hear yelling in the forest, you lean towards the window to see faint figures running around. One had a musty yellow hoodie or jacket, another had a tan jacket, and the last had an unknown pattern on the sleeves. One was laughing and yelling as the other scolded them.

You hear the door open and you look towards it and Jacy walks to the window and scoffs. "They aren't even supposed to be here. Those idiots need to keep him on a leash." Jacy says to himself. He looks back at you and you look away, feeling the cold start to affect you.

You were already a bit shaky. Jack notices and closes the window, to your displease, and crouches down to the under-bed storage, and picks out a fluffy blanket.

He stands back up and unfolds it and tosses it on you. You pull it off your head and wrap it around yourself. You feel more comfortable, being that you were now warm.

You didn't feel comfortable around Jack. Maybe it was because you had just met him and he was implying you've known him before.