4

~Continued~

You leave Slenderman's office to be met with Tim, Brian, and Toby. "Wanna go out with us? We're gonna go get something." Toby says. 

You nod and they walk towards the door. It was late already. You were in his office for a while as he asked you about your interests and hobbies, mostly with you answering with an 'I don't know'.

Toby glances outside the window for a moment then looks back to you. "Do you have a jacket or hoodie? It gonna be cold out." Toby asks you. You shake your head timidly. "I've never had one of my own. I usually use my Dad's or a blanket." You say and think about how you get cold easily. "I have a spare. You can have it." Brian says and runs up the stairs and comes back down a few moments later with one in his gloved hands.

"Thank you." You say and take the hoodie carefully. You put it on quickly and notice it went below your hips, but was very warm and soft and went with your black pants you had put on awhile ago.

~Time skip~

You stood in the gun shop as Toby looked at knives because he had nothing better to do and Tim and Brian looked at ammo for one of their guns. You looked at the knife section with Toby and were mesmerized by them. There were boot knives, holster knives, throwing knives, etc. 

You kept looking at a specific knife though, only thinking about usability. You were looking at an all-black boot knife with ridges to damage whatever it was stabbed into. Toby walks over to you and looks in the case you were looking in and sees what you were looking at. 

He glances back to you once you smile a bit, making him smile as well. "Should we get it?" He asks and you jump a bit. "No! I've just never seen so many knives in one place before!" You rush a lie out with an embarrassed expression. 

His eyebrows lift a bit and his gaze softens. "Sure." He says and glances over to Tim and Brian as they talk amongst themselves. "I need to get a knife sharpener. You should go see what they are talking about." Toby says. You nod and walk over to see what they were talking about. 

"Why would I trim my sideburns? That literally the only reason you can distinguish me from others with this mask on." Tim says and points at the surgical mask he was wearing, as were all four of you because of an outbreak. "You would look fine without them though. Plus, you wear a mask all the time. What's the big deal?" Brian says back. "It's not happening," Tim replies with a slight glare. They both see you and Brian smiles a bit.

"Hey, Y/N. What were you looking at over there?" Brian says. "A knife. Very aesthetic." You say the last part with a thumbs up.

"Ready to go?" You hear Toby and turn around to see him with a bag with the name of the shop on it. "Yeah," Tim says and Brian nods in agreement. 

Brian and Tim start to walk away and you follow with Toby beside you. You glance at the bag he was holding and get curious. He looks at you then looks back to where he was walking. "Why you curious?" He asks and you go silent. You think you pulled a nerve. "S-sorry." You say quietly. He looks back to you and digs into the bag and passes you a rectangular box with words on it like 'NOT FOR CHILDREN' and things like that.

You open the box and see it was the knife you saw in the shop and look up Toby with a shocked face. "Thank you, Toby. You really didn't have to." You say and look down at the knife again as you approach the exit of the building. "I know. I wanted to."

You smile at him and tuck the knife back away.