Chapter Fifteen: Operation Gêner

Jamaal walks towards the door and leaves with a red face. As soon as he leaves we look at Hazel confused, Hazel was looking up at the sky and probably thinking about her next date.

"Why did you say that?!" Lily yells.

"Executive decision," she responds.

"You said you love him! You only like his body!" I exclaim.

"Not anymore," she says, "He was apologizing for letting me get hurt, It technically meant that he was regretting that he wasn't protecting me, finally a man who will protect me."

"Protect you?" Lily questions.

"Yeah! It's my ideal type of man: muscles, a sense of justice, and is a cute softie on the inside! How did I not realize that Jamaal was all of that?!"

I felt confused about what she just said, what the fuck? I told them, "I'm going to do listen to some music with the extra minute we have left, later."

Lily stayed with Hazel talking about something and giggling. I was about to put in my earphones until they mysteriously appeared behind me.

"Maddy, I hope you didn't forget!" Hazel said.

"I'm in on this too!" Lily joins in.

I forgot. That day I was supposed to ask out Richard.

"You have 15 hours left," Lily said.

*RING*

"Let the operation commence," Lily said.

________(3 hours later)________

*Ding*

I check my phone to see two messages: one from Lily and one from Hazel, both saying '14 hours left!' The day that Hazel found me, we had a long talk, saying I was completely dumbfounded why I felt like my heart was a void. She just responded simply that it was I was in love, which I look at her with a face of confusion. So afterword, she decided to blackmail me with pictures of me crying, "Ask out Richard Gonzales, or I'll put this online."

So here I am, sitting in class, looking at a boy, AND WHAT THE FUCK DO I SAY TO THE BOY?!

Mr. Miller isn't really paying attention to us but more to the computer in front of him. It was a free study period so we could really do anything if we didn't have homework. So I wanted to use this opportunity to talk to him, to ask him out! I look at Richard who is right next to me, he looks kinda nervous and confused, he glances towards my direction and we make eye contact. Fuck, this is so hard! (Author: That's what she said) I look away and beads of sweat start forming on my forehead. Try twenty seconds! Twenty seconds of courage!

I whisper to him, "H...hey."

He looks at me with confusion, "Yeah?"

"Um... do you... do you want to, um..." Stop stuttering dammit!

"Are you ok?" he asks.

"Um... yeah, do you want to-"

"Hey Gonzales, did you finish that assignment I had given you?" Mr. Miller says as he interrupts me.

"No sir, I am working on it right now," Richard responded.
"Madison, stop talking to Richard please," as that sentence destroys my chances of scoring a date.

"Sir, I was asking for help with a problem," he responds to save my dying chances.

"Oh," he says completely caught off guard, "ok then, carry on."

THANK YOU JESUS!

He then turns back to me and says, "can you help me real quick please."

Oh shit, he's not kidding. "Yeah, of course, what is it that you need help with?"

"What are x-intercepts?" Richard questions as he shows me his paper.

I look at his paper and see a bunch of quadratic problems, I say, "since you already have your graph plotted down, you can just look where the graph crosses the x-axis."

"Cool, um, why though?"

"Cause the graph intercepts the axis, that's why it's an intercept."

"Oh!" He then gives me a smile that made me burst into euphoria and gave my heart so much dopamine, "Thanks! I get it now!"

"Do you need any more help?" I ask seriously.

"Yeah, but study hall is about to end, want to help me after school?" he says, not even realizing that he's technically asking me out on a date.

"YES!" I exclaimed. Ah, fuck I yelled that out loud.

"Um, ok, then at the library," he says totally confused of how girls work.

SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK! YEAH! Alright I should actually go to bed now.