Six Weeks

(They're married btw. It's also before Monster.)

I walk though the front door taking off my hat. "Katniss?" I say into the quiet house. I'm greeted with silence. I check the entire house but I can't find her. "Katniss where are you" I say to myself. Now getting worried, I walk to the woods. Honestly I have no clue where I'm going, but I walk in the direction of Katniss' lake. When I reach it, the sun is setting. I walk past the small concrete building and spot her a few yards away. I run towards her but stop when I see her arms wrapped around her knees, staring into the water. "Katniss, sweetheart?" I say slowly. She doesn't respond. I sit next to her and watch her carefully.

"Katniss?"

I place a hand on her back. "Katniss what's wrong?" I ask. She slowly looks over at me but then goes back to staring at the water. She picks up a rock next to her feet and throws it. We watch it skip alone the water until it finally sinks. "My father used to take me here. He taught me how to swim, gather plants, and hunt here." She says quietly. She laughs. "I remember when I pushed him into the water and he kept trying to hug me after... Wow, I can't believe I was ten then.." She says.

I place a loose strand behind her ear. "You know I was named after a plant that grows in the water" she says smiling sadly at me. "Wha-" "Come on I'll show you" says grabbing me hand and pulls me towards the water. "Look right there" she says pointing. I stare at the strange green plant swaying in the water. "He used to say "As long as you can find yourself, you'll never starve." It always confused me when I was little" she says laughing. I look back up at her and there's a growing smirk. She suddenly pulls of her shirt. "Katniss what are you-" "Come on" she interrupts me and pulls of my shirt. She starts to take off her shoes and pants and my eyes move downward but I snap them up to look at her face. Giving in to her request I also take off my shoes and pants. So here I am. Standing in only my boxers. She quickly glances at me then smirks and walks into the water. "Katniss, you know I can't swim" I say only going waist deep into the water with her. "I know that's why I'm going to show you" she says then suddenly disappears underwater. "Katniss?" I say trying to look for her in the water. My heart skips a beat when I feel hands creep up my bare chest. "It's not that hard" Katniss whispers seductively into my ear behind me. My body shivers at her voice. I twist in her arms so I can smirk back at her. "Oh I know. Finnick's already taught me the basics." I say then plunge her into the water with me. Splashing, talking, goofing around, kissing, we do this until night falls. I follow Katniss out of the lake and towards our clothes. "It's too late to go back to the house" I say putting my pants back on. She stretches, allowing me to see the scars along her torso. She's beautiful. Everything about her is beautiful. I don't understand how she doesn't see it. She's so kind and loving and just perfect. I'll never deserve her. She catches me staring at her. I try to look away quickly but I fail. I can't take my eyes off of her. "Take a picture, it'll last longer" she says smirking. "Oh don't give me any ideas" I say suggestively which earns me a punch in the arm. "Ow, your punch has improved" I say laughing off the pain. "Well someone's gotta keep you in line" she says winking at me. She grabs the rest of her clothes and her bow and walks towards concrete building. "Oh and don't bother buttoning those pants" she says without looking back. I stare at her then smile lovingly. I grab the rest of my stuff and run to catch up with her.

A/N
Here have another one!