Monster

"PEETA!" I scream. "Miss Everdeen, I warned you this would happen" Snow says mockingly. He pushes Peeta's face back into the water. "STOP IT YOU'RE KILLING HIM!" I yell. "Killing him? No no no no, you miss understand, its more like.. persuading him" Snow says with an evil smirk. I hear Peeta's muffled scream. I tug on the chains wrapped around my wrists for the millionth time to no avail. Snow yanks Peeta's head up again. "Look at her, that's you're wife, pathetic isn't she? She killed so many people just to save herself. Look at her face, she's already given up on. How tragic. Guess she doesn't love you after all" Snow says in Peeta's ear. "K-Kat-Katniss?" Peeta stutters. "Peeta, listen to me. He's lying."

"That's bold for someone like you to say" Peeta angrily responds.

"What?"

"I mean, you did lie to me most of the time I knew you"

"Peeta I-"

"No, how could you love me, you can't even start a family with me. All I've ever wanted was you and a child of our own. 2 simple things. I've done everything I possibly can but yet... you still refuse"

"Peeta.. you know how I feel about kids"

"Look! Look at how selfish she is! She's a mutt. A traitor. A murderer." Snow interrupts. "He's right... you are a mutt" Peeta says finally looking at me. Peeta comes up to me and cages me inside his arms. Not that I could move anyway. His eyes are completely black. "Ya, I am. But I'm your mutt. And don't you forget that" I hiss at him. He smirks. "You won't kill me. I know you. You can't. The real you won't let you. So you'll make suffer. So what are gonna do" I smirk back. He laughs. "Since you are my wife.. I don't think it would be considered rape now would it?" He says smiling evilly. To my horror, he slips a hand up my shirt.

"Stop. It."

"Why? You normally like this"

"You are not my Peeta."

"Well I'll just have to do then. I mean there's not much here to work with anyway"

"Get off of me."

"I think not, besides"

Peeta nibbles on my ear causing me to shiver. "There are worse games to play"

I awake screaming. What. The. Hell. I look besides me but Peeta's not there. For once I'm relieved. I head to our bathroom and look in the mirror. I'm a wreck. These dreams have been happening for past couple of weeks but its never been this bad. Think of good Peeta. Your Peeta. Think of how cute he is when he comes home from Haymich's place and plops his head on your lap on the couch. Think of how his hair feels in your hands. Think of how he kisses you. Think of how much he loves you. How much he loves you.. But how much do you love him? You say you do.. but... is that true...? How can you love but you're too scared to give him the one thing he wants? My back hits the wall behind me and I sink to the floor. How? You're selfish. You don't deserve him. Haymich was right, I could live a thousand lives and still never deserve him. So why does he love me? There's a soft knocking on the door. "Katniss? You in there?" I hear Peeta say softly. "Y-yeah" I barely manage to say. He opens the door and slowly enters. He kneels in front of me. "Hey, you ok?" He asks gently placing a hand on my knee. I continue to rock back and forth and shake my head in response. "Look.. I'm sorry about getting upset last night... I-I just wanted you to see my reasoning behind my point of view. I didn't m-mean to start yelling at you.. I'm sorry Katniss.." He says quietly as if he was afraid to disturb the silence between us. "Peeta... I'm not sure if I can give you what you want.. I know we've been married for 3 years now and I know how much we've been through and been able to conquer but... I'm not sure if I can go through this one.." I say and stop rocking. "When my father died my mother completely broke apart. Prim and I... We were left alone... Peeta if you die... I'll break.. crumble and fall into a million pieces.. And if we had a kid... I'd become my mother... I can't do that to our kid... And i-if they... D-di-die.... It'll be even worse... I can't bring a child into this world knowing they could die Peeta.. And when they die or experience pain it'll be my fault because they're here because of me.." I say feeling tears stream down my face. He chuckles and I snap my head up ready to yell at him. "Katniss.. Last I checked it takes two to tango. Half of that kid would be a part of me too. You won't be alone. I'm not leaving. You've got me for forever" he says scooping me up in his arms and hugging me. I rest my head on his chest. "Same thing goes for you dork" I say. He laughs.

I eventually go back to bed this time with Peeta. "You are staying this time right?" I say after he tucks us in. He smiles at me. "Always" he says then places his arm over my waist. I fall back asleep, this time, with no nightmares.

A/N
Hey long time no see! Sorry this is so late and short but I haven't been able to write with school and stuff
But anyway! Thank you guys SO MUCH. Seriously. THANK YOU. 6k that's amazing. And I know you guys have heard it all before but thank you.
Now enough sappy stuff and on to some interesting stuff! Well kinda. I know I skipped 3 years and I have some drabbles in my drive but I'm not too sure about 'em.. Anyway! If you guys want me to write something in between those 3 years, give me a prompt and I'll do it (and of course you'll get credit)! Or if you guys want something else to happen let me know! You guys are awesome. I love getting messages and comments from you guys because they're awesome! So don't be afraid to comment or message me! Anyway I'm trying to get something big published but it's still in the works so enjoy all the fluff I'll be randomly posting till then!
Mockingjay though.