Afterlife

Peeta's POV

I wake up to an empty bed. Then I remember what day it is. July 15th. Prim's birthday. Damn the Capitol. Damn Snow. Damn Coin. I slowly get up and go down stairs. When I get to the kitchen I find Katniss starring at the window above the sink, her hands gripping the sink's edge like I do when I have my flashbacks only worse. I look to where she's looking. Primroses. The ones I planted 5 years ago. "Katniss, sweetheart?" I say slowly coming to her side, trying not to scare her. There's tears falling down her face but her expression is angry. I gently hold her face in my hands and move it so she's looking at me. Her eyes are glassy like she's not here and each breath she takes seems to be a struggle. I wipe away her tears with my thumbs. "Katniss, look at me" I say gently. Her eyes snap up and glare at me. "Peeta" "Katniss, sweetheart, you have to calm down, everything's going to be ok" I say struggling to find words. "How can I be calm when's she's dead Peeta!" she yells. "She's gone... She's 18 today... but she's not even here... so how can this be a celebration w-" she chokes on her words. "W-when she's dead." she says getting angry again. "You remember 4 years ago when I found you, trying to- to k-" I can't finish the sentence. I hold her wrist in my hands and run a thumb over the scars. "You are right. It's not a celebration, it's remembrance. We live and move on for her... be-because" I say with tears forming in my eyes. "Because that's what she would want us to do" I say. She sobs into my shirt and I hold her.

A/N
Well that was depressing.
Don't forget you're awesome!
Also Happy Holidays and whatever!