Crossing Field

Katniss' POV
"For God's sake Peeta, I'm pregnant, not paralyzed. I can do this by myself" I mumble angrily. "I know that but I feel bad that you have to go through this" he says honestly. Guessing I have no choice in the matter, I rest my head on his chest as he carries me down the stairs and to the couch.
After setting me down, he walks over to the kitchen. "So, what'll be for the lovely lady this morning? " He says sweetly. He's been doing this for 2 months now I can't help but feel it's only going to get worse. Even though I'm in a terrible mood, because apparently I have a soccer player for a kid, I smile at his adorable quirks and shake my head.
"Toast please " Sadly my little soccer player doesn't like cheese buns. "Coming right up beautiful " he says with a wink. I hop on the counter behind him. For 6 months, I'm not that big. I mean if you didn't know, you probably wouldn't have thought I was 6 months along.
Peeta hands me a plate of toast with butter and I kiss his cheek in return. "So how's are little fetus today? " He says pulling out a loaf of bread for Haymich. "Do you really have to call it that?" I say blushing. He kiss the top of my head and I pout while eating. "Not really but it's funny " he says laughing.
" Hey that reminds me, I have to get some more stuff for the baby. Wanna come with on your lunch break? " I ask. "Anything for you beautiful " he says smirking. I roll my eyes. God save me. We sound like an old couple. I shudder at the thought.

"Hey babe" I say walking through the bakery's door. "H-" "Well hello to you too" Thom interrupts Peeta. "Put a cork in it Thom" I say walking to the counter. "Doesn't hurt to try- ow! Ok never mind" he says rubbing his arm where I punched him. "Katniss" Peeta says laughing and shaking his head. "You ready to go?" I say picking up a cookie from behind the counter.

He laughs and moves my hand away along with the cookie right as I'm about to eat it. "Yes" he says then kisses me. "Get a room" Thom scoffs.
"Shut it, Thom" I say then throw the cookie at him. "Ow why are you so abusive?" He wines like a 2 year old. "Why are you so childish?" I retort.

"So do you think it's a boy or a girl?" I ask Peeta as we leave the store. "I don't know but either way I'll love her or him" he says sweetly. We walk back into the bakery only to find it a mess. "Thom, what did you do?" Peeta and I deadpan at the same time. "I didn't do anything this time I swear!" He says putting his hands up in surrender.

A/N
I'm just gonna leave this here
Sorry its so short and a late update...