Always

Katniss's POV

Have I mentioned that I hate winter? Because I do. With a fiery passion. I hate it almost as much as I hate the Capitol. And that's saying something. The reason why? That might have to deal with the fact that there's 3 feet of snow everywhere and all the game is either gone or dead. But this year, I hate it even more. Sickness ruins everything. EVERYTHING. Seriously. You can take that as a literal statement, some mumbo jumbo about meaning something else, or whatever, take your pick I don't care. Thanks a ton flu. I got sick with it in December. I'd rather go through hell then get sick. And poor Peeta had to deal with an extremely annoyingly stubborn me for 2 weeks. He was always there when I woke up, or when I puked up for that matter, and he would listen even if I was complaining, ranting, talking to myself, or just talking to talk. He took care of me. And what did he get in return? The same thing I did. I told him he would get sick if he was around and not to bother I can take care of myself but nooo he had to go and be himself. That's not bad thing in the slightest but I don't want him to get sick. I'm afraid he, or I, won't be able to take it. Its too much like the first games. "Katniss?" I hear Peeta say, pulling me out of my mind. "Hey you're awake, how you feelin?" I say moving the chair that was next to our bed closer. "Cold..?" "Cold?" I ask. I put my hand over his forehead to check his temperature. "Peeta you're burning up!" "You know you're pretty sexy too sweetheart" he tries to say smoothly but ends up coughing at the end. "Nice try" I say smirking at him. "but you my friend are sick. Maybe when you're not though..." I say raising my eyebrows a couple of times jokingly. That just makes him laugh. "I'll be right back, 15 minutes tops" I say standing up. "Okay, love you" he responds. I move the bangs out of his face and kiss his forehead. "Love you too" "Try and get some sleep yeah?" I say closing the door. I walk down the stairs and out the back door to the little swing couch we have outside. I sit down on the freezing thing wearing only one of Peeta's t-shirts and sweat pants. You're going to get sick again. He's running a VERY high fever and I'm all out of ideas, so this'll have to do. What seems like hours later, I can never tell with the snow blowing everywhere, Haymich comes around the corner of the house decked out in winter clothes. "Katniss what the hell are you doing? " he states plainly. By now I can't feel my legs I'm so cold. "Feel my arm" I say holding up my arm. He looks at me like I'm crazy but does it away. "Its ice! For Vodka's sake what the hell are you doing out here!?" "Vodka?" "What? But seriously what are you doing?" I get up and walk towards the door. "Come on" I say motioning him to come inside. Once I walk in I'm greeted with a blast of warm air. "Well I'll give you the short story, Peeta's running an extremely high fever and I'm out of ideas so I went outside to cool myself down and then go back and try to see if I can cool him off a bit. Oh also there's some soup on the stove if you want some" I say grabbing some more water and medicine. "I will never understand you" he says shaking his head. "Probably wise not to" When I open the door to Peeta and I's room I find him passed out on our bed. I quietly close the door and get in bed next to him. I snuggle up next to him and he freezes but then relaxes. After a couple of minutes I finally feel his temperature go down. "Katniss you're freezing" I hear him mumble. "True but at least you're not running a fever anymore"

A/N

Aww that was cute. Sorry for being gone and not writing major writer's block. Seriously I've never had one this bad anyway thanks for those who commented and kept reminding me to update if it wasn't for you guys I would've completely forgotten about it (I am a very forgetful person *like Neville! *) AND GUYS!!! WE PASSED FRIGGIN 850!!! WHOOOOOOOHOOO!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH DUDES AND DUDETS!!!

Ps more to come soon... hopefully.... *mysterious music*

Sorry its late and I'm tired so don't mind the insanity